Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
MUNK
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys,
I have a problem with my ECU which was sending an annoying error code to my stock tachometer because i disconnected the fuel sensor circuit.. (long story) i tried connecting it to one of the negative spade connectors of one of the coils instead to stop getting the error code on the tach. It worked great for 5 mins before it stopped working. I have someone now looking at the tachometer to see if they can fix it. But does anyone know the correct way to connect this signal wire on the tach?
thanks

·
Premium Member
1,336 Posts
Hi Guys,
I have a problem with my ECU which was sending an annoying error code to my stock tachometer because i disconnected the fuel sensor circuit.. (long story) i tried connecting it to one of the negative spade connectors of one of the coils instead to stop getting the error code on the tach. It worked great for 5 mins before it stopped working. I have someone now looking at the tachometer to see if they can fix it. But does anyone know the correct way to connect this signal wire on the tach?
thanks
As you found out the YZF600 displays it errors using the tach. You don't have a fuel gauge, (it's just a light) correct? You can trick the ECU into thinking that the fuel sensor is still hooked up using a resistor. I don't remember the exact value off the top of my head, and it's been probably three years since I've done anything with the FZR/YZF platform, but right around 350 Ohms sounds right.

·
MUNK
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks for that but i kind of resigned from pursuing this route trying a bunch of resisters etc. I eventually replaced the fuel sender and used a stock instrument bulb (3.4w, 42 ohms) but i still got the error code!!?? I checked the wiring to for an open circuit and that was all ok, so i have resigned to thinking i have a problem with the ECU. So i tried to bypass the ECU altogether and connected the tach to the most commonly talked about place, i.e the negative side of the coil. I did this, but the tach only lasted a few miles before it stopped working. Maybe it was a coincidence ?? I checked the feed wires to see that the tach was still getting its power, signal and was earthed ....and that seemed to be all ok. So i presume i blew the tach. Now i'm seeing how to connect the tach to the coils.... without blowing it again.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts