Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
MUNK
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys,
I have a problem with my ECU which was sending an annoying error code to my stock tachometer because i disconnected the fuel sensor circuit.. (long story) i tried connecting it to one of the negative spade connectors of one of the coils instead to stop getting the error code on the tach. It worked great for 5 mins before it stopped working. I have someone now looking at the tachometer to see if they can fix it. But does anyone know the correct way to connect this signal wire on the tach?
thanks

·
MUNK
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks for that but i kind of resigned from pursuing this route trying a bunch of resisters etc. I eventually replaced the fuel sender and used a stock instrument bulb (3.4w, 42 ohms) but i still got the error code!!?? I checked the wiring to for an open circuit and that was all ok, so i have resigned to thinking i have a problem with the ECU. So i tried to bypass the ECU altogether and connected the tach to the most commonly talked about place, i.e the negative side of the coil. I did this, but the tach only lasted a few miles before it stopped working. Maybe it was a coincidence ?? I checked the feed wires to see that the tach was still getting its power, signal and was earthed ....and that seemed to be all ok. So i presume i blew the tach. Now i'm seeing how to connect the tach to the coils.... without blowing it again.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.