Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A few weeks ago bought my first road bike it's a 2003 ninja 500r I know it's not the nicest one or the quickest but for much it cost and how low the mileage was and clean it was I couldn't pass it up! Anyways if anyone knows a 03 500r they aren't easy on the eye so I want to street fighter it but I need some help on build plans was curious if anyone has built one before and could help me out give me some step by step instructions and or diagram. I have a good idea on what I want it to look like just need some more I info before I tear into it! Thank u!

·
time is running out......
833 Posts
never put "need help" in subject. you have to have detail my friend.

no need to make excuses its a good bike. id love to have a 500 ninja.
i built a 250r 04. they look the same. its up to you what you want to do with it.
you want to put a tail on it so you can stick you butt in the air like a car? youl have to cut and weld the seat rails.
want to make a bobber? hack off the back afix tailight.
if you look on ninjette.org theres a few 250s you could go off of since they look almost identical

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
My bad I needed to people's attention I ordered all the stuff I need for my build I have a rough idea of what I want it to look like and how to do it I was just checkin to see if anyone has done it and has pics. I'm starting it on Tuesday so I'm trying to get all the info I can. And I love the bike it's plenty quick enough for me and runs great and a comfy ride just want it to look a little sharper. Thanks for the website by the way!

·
time is running out......
833 Posts
those if new usualy come with wiring instructions. depending on model. most fighters delete a bunch of stuff anyways.
i deleted everysingle thing on my bike except hedlight. brake/taillight. and used a small tank bag. phone in clear sleeve on it with gps(speedo) app(ulyses) thats all i had. everyone is different.
post pics of this bike.
i would also consider the username too. never know that bike will get crushed by a tank and its gone and youl get another bike. but your stuck with the name. try to use a name thats u. like mine is rabies (nickname) not what i ride or drive. just my .02
you can get a wiring diagram of your cluster. each wire 1 by 1. label.
when you get a new tach or gauge just match up the wires by directions.

the 250r of that year is cable speedo. not sure what yours is. might be the same. non electric. i just deleted mine. but you can always hook up a bicycle one. runs off a magnet on your wheel to a small screen showing digital wireless speed

·
Premium Member
50,679 Posts
those if new usualy come with wiring instructions. depending on model. most fighters delete a bunch of stuff anyways.
i deleted everysingle thing on my bike except hedlight. brake/taillight. and used a small tank bag. phone in clear sleeve on it with gps(speedo) app(ulyses) thats all i had. everyone is different.
post pics of this bike.
i would also consider the username too. never know that bike will get crushed by a tank and its gone and youl get another bike. but your stuck with the name. try to use a name thats u. like mine is rabies (nickname) not what i ride or drive. just my .02
you can get a wiring diagram of your cluster. each wire 1 by 1. label.
when you get a new tach or gauge just match up the wires by directions.

the 250r of that year is cable speedo. not sure what yours is. might be the same. non electric. i just deleted mine. but you can always hook up a bicycle one. runs off a magnet on your wheel to a small screen showing digital wireless speed
:knucks:Good man! REPT!:knucks:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.