Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone .. I been searching but can't seam to find a thread on it ..

I have a 92 GSX600F Katana .. The stock seat is ok.. but I want to make a custom seat is fitted to me. I want to change the shape from what the stock one is .. The Foam padding and cover I don't have a problem with , My problem I'm not sure how to start .. what to you for a base ? do I you wood, fiberglass ? and how to connect the seat lock ...

if anyone can point me in the right direction I would owe you a thousand thank you ...

·
Noobie
2,739 Posts
fiberglass:
So I know the build is probably over, but I might as well post updates.

I cut off the old triple and machined down the old GPZ stem and pressed it into the GSXR lower triple. I pressed on a new set of rollar bearings and fitted it to the frame. I will need to make a spacer for the GSXR upper tipple or machine a new one. I also lowered the taillight in the mount to narrow my gaps, then built an inner fender and base for the seat pan. I used cardboard and blue tape to fill in all the gaps then covered the whole thing in aluminum tape and fiberglass to make the seat pan. I did I layer of the good mesh, two of the crappy but think kind, then a final layer of the good stuff. I should be back in the shop this weekend to see how it set up, then trim it up and foam it.

http://www.customfighters.com/forums/showthread.php?t=44264

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.