Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Flip-Flop King
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to fighter my F4i, but its got big nasty intake holes in the tank. I was looking into buying a 900rr to fighter but the dude wants more then i want to spend just to cut it up.

The acerbis is only temporary and it now has a modified race tail installed. Tail needs a few tweaks and paint before its declared finished.

What can i do to close off the intake holes at the front of the tank. I was thinking along the lines of that steel mesh riceboys put in bodykit bumpers and painting it black. But id need to make some sort of surround to make it look cleaner and not all jagged.

·
98 Posts
I wouldnt really close them off as they are functional for ram air - although i dont think you'll be getting much benfit without the plumbing up to the front of the bike.

I know this sounds ghetto, but here me out. Go to walmart, they sell a mesh trashcan for like $5 in black or silver and the mesh is perfect for using on bikes. People with 600rr/1000rr use them all the time on the airvents up front and vents in tail and it looks great.

·
Function IS Form
19 Z900, 88 Kat11
17,432 Posts
You could get some sheetmetal, cut it in the shape of the whole gap, then drill small holes in it over the air ducts.

3M velcro to hold it all together.

·
GURU
1,797 Posts
cut down the stock ram air covers?

·
Flip-Flop King
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I wouldnt really close them off as they are functional for ram air - although i dont think you'll be getting much benfit without the plumbing up to the front of the bike.

I know this sounds ghetto, but here me out. Go to walmart, they sell a mesh trashcan for like $5 in black or silver and the mesh is perfect for using on bikes. People with 600rr/1000rr use them all the time on the airvents up front and vents in tail and it looks great.
I dont want to actually close them, and its going to get a power commander and be dyno programmed later for a new mixture without the tubes.

I might try the trashcan deal. Im thinking of surrounding it in steel and bondoing it to the tank after welding it to make it smooth. Might go buy a spare tank and save this one from carnage too. Its mint.

·
GURU
1,797 Posts
are those metal or plastic covers? I know some cbrs had the plastic cover.

·
Registered
47 Posts
All of the stunters seem not to care if their bikes have a big gaping hole in the side of their tank. :D My bike is a beat up stunter and now want to make it look a little better.

I'm a member of stuntlife.com and have not seen anything that looked good.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts