Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Vtwin
3,945 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I been eyeing this bike for awhile, if he still has it I've offered $800, I think these were carbed, not sure if they're water cooled or oil boilers

Anyway what do you guys think?
Motorcycle Vehicle Car Motorcycle accessories Auto part

I been keepin the wife happy and I think the time maybe right, and it's a perfect Father's Day gift:laugh:

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

·
Vtwin
3,945 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

·
Vtwin
3,945 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

·
Super Moderator
3,060 Posts
I think these were carbed, not sure if they're water cooled or oil boilers
The Fzr are all carbed and watercooled. I searched the listing and by what I read I'd offer $650 or so.

Later, Doug

·
addict
370 Posts
800 is a steal if it runs decent and there's so much you can do to them
They are carbed and liquid cooled also with a yzf 600 top end it makes it a 660 big bore and could make 100HP with a little work
And with some suspension up grades they go around corners as well as anything and are a lot of fun

Check out my Fzr build

edit: didnt read the listing so 650 would be better lol

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Vtwin
3,945 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Awesome thanks guys...I already offered $800 so I can't really go back now, he said it starts and runs good so that's a big plus for me, my GSXR wasn't running had a smashed stator cover, no gauges or exhaust, no front wheel or rotors...etc

So this bike is looking nearly new to me and even if the title is a recon atleast it has one, my GSXR only he lien and auction papers

If I do get it ill definatly be hittin you guys ur for some info/guidance, I've worked on lots of carbed bikes but the only had 1 carb not 4, heading over to check out your build thread now:)

·
Vtwin
3,945 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

·
Vtwin
3,945 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Ok cool, wonder if I can get GSXR or ZX forks in the yamaha clamps, I've seen complete GSXR/ZX sets for under $200:)

·
Vtwin
3,945 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Wonder if either of these would work?
Font Tool Parallel Pipe

Text Font Tool Screenshot

Edit: actually just looked it up and both of these should work in the R1 clamps, key word is "should"

·
addict
370 Posts
As with any fork swap you could still piss the Fzr stem into any lower triple but it may need a spacer or some machine work but any will work I went with r1 cuz I put an r6 swingarm and rear wheel and mismatch wheels drive me crazy lol but if that's not a big deal for you or your not worried about a little machine work those forks are fine

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Vtwin
3,945 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Ripper!! I was wondering about the swingarm, you use the R6 or R1 swinger?

·
Vtwin
3,945 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
The guy still hasn't gotten back to me about my $800 offer WTF, he said he had to talk to his room mate, Craig's list flakes drive me nuts:nuts:

·
Vtwin
3,945 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I asked him that, no reply yet, nice bike for $1000 obo, seems kinda fishy

1 - 20 of 23 Posts