Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
the Gixxer is BACK!
1,425 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If anyone has a carb balancing tool, is there a chance I can borrow it??? There is cash in it for you, or parts! I'll pay shipping both ways as well if I can't find one locally, there will be no cost in it for you and I will make it worth your while.

I have some old gixxer parts like mirrors, windshield, headlight, flush mount turn signals, if you'd like to trade for use of the balancer.

Thanks!
Ryan

·
the Gixxer is BACK!
1,425 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
duh.....got a balancer? :rock: My bike was running like shit tonight! I fear its time to balance my carbs....

You on msn? add me if you like.

Ryan

·
fighter transplant in NC
14,319 Posts
OOORRR just a clear rubber hose and some auto tansmissin fluid.

a little trick stollen from the beamer guys.
I have a better how-to somewhere, but can't find it right now.

this a is a way to balance a twin cylinder motor. the concepts are the same for a i-4 but you must balance carb 1 and 2. then 1 and 3, then one and 4. then recheck it.

http://www.airheads.org/content/view/183/98/

·
the Gixxer is BACK!
1,425 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Right on, I'll give that a try this weekend! Thanks!

Damn...I only have abou 8ft of clear tubing, off to the parts store tomorrow!!!

Ryan

·
fighter transplant in NC
14,319 Posts
it works really well. I had a mechanic check mine to make sure, he said they were dead accurate

·
the Gixxer is BACK!
1,425 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
wonder why you need so much tubing, its not like you need a lot of fluid to get equilibrium, nor will it suck out the fluid, I think 8ft might be enough and I'll stick it to a ruler instead of a meterstick....or does the fluid move that much?

Ryan

·
fighter transplant in NC
14,319 Posts
it doesn't move much. I used about 10 feet. just make sur you have it set up nice and stead like. (nail it to a wall or something). the first time i tried to just hold it...... didn't work out so well.

·
Registered
81 Posts
and dont rev tha motor it will pull it in, i still have one of tha old mercury style, only place i can get refills is washington state.... I can get ya lengths if ya need it, and tranny fluid or mineral oil works just as well, same spacific gravity , and you can get clear tubing from a pet shop (fish and tanks) or a hosipital supply shop.....

1 - 12 of 12 Posts