Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
watches you sleep.
9,116 Posts
Re: NeverEnough's CX500- Barn Find Build

Hell yeah I dont know why but I love these bikes. Must be the strange engine. Anyways looks like a real gem. Looking forward to seeing the USd's and monoshock conversion on it.

·
Yut-Ughhh
1,651 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

Hell yeah I dont know why but I love these bikes. Must be the strange engine. Anyways looks like a real gem. Looking forward to seeing the USd's and monoshock conversion on it.
Dude me too! I have always wanted one of these! I AM SOOO STOKED to have one!
The motor looks so modern too, I can't wait to have this thing all debadged and having people scratching their heads as to what bike it is, especially once I have it all updated, it will look like some new 2014 bike!:D:D

·
Yut-Ughhh
1,651 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

Well here is a teaser for you guys....discussion on it if you wish. I'm pretty excited to tackle a shafty conversion, never messed with one....but have done plenty of driveshaft stuff for messing with building jeep/rockclimbers

·
watches you sleep.
9,116 Posts

Ah I know that bike! Lol man you had me worried when you said you traded an AR for that front end. I was gonna say you got fucking robbed but then I saw the $500 on top. Sounds like both of yall got a fair trade. The CX looks great with a USD front end on it.

·
Yut-Ughhh
1,651 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

Ah I know that bike! Lol man you had me worried when you said you traded an AR for that front end. I was gonna say you got fucking robbed but then I saw the $500 on top. Sounds like both of yall got a fair trade. The CX looks great with a USD front end on it.
haha yeah its a real good friend of mine that I traded the AR to for the front end. I'd say it was pretty fair deal, I don't like to rip off my friends lol.
Glad you like the USDs too, I think I'm gonna have a helluva crazy time wasting money mixing in more gold accents now haha

·
Yut-Ughhh
1,651 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

Gas tank suggestions please also.... wanting to make it modern looking.

·
ShamanFighter
22,340 Posts

Make sure the Waterpumps Good.... they are Notorious for that

Reactions: NeverEnough

·
Just Here For The Party
696 Posts

Copy cat! Everybody's trying to be as handsome as me for the 2014 buildoff.

Try an older sport bike gas tank. Maybe an 80s Ninja or early VFR. A decent amount of the early middleweight sportbikes still had backbone frames. Shoot, a Honda 919 tank might even work. The CX500D tank looks the part, but takes some work to make it fit to the CX500C.

You could always go low-buck cafe racer and just pound some knee dents into it.

·
Yut-Ughhh
1,651 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

Copy cat! Everybody's trying to be as handsome as me for the 2014 buildoff.

Try an older sport bike gas tank. Maybe an 80s Ninja or early VFR. A decent amount of the early middleweight sportbikes still had backbone frames. Shoot, a Honda 919 tank might even work. The CX500D tank looks the part, but takes some work to make it fit to the CX500C.

You could always go low-buck cafe racer and just pound some knee dents into it.

Pshhh I can only dream to be as handsome as your for the buildoff!
A tank "Swap" may or may not happen now.... I was getting irritated with my options and so I went and bought 5' of 3" 3/16" metal square stock. :confused: What does that have to do with a gastank?....EVERYTHING;)

·
Yut-Ughhh
1,651 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·

The photos with your e46 towing just reminds me I need a hitch for my ti... And to get it back on the road. Fuck BMW makes awesome cars. Even their shitbox econo-ride from the 90's (318ti) is a great car.
HELLS YES they do man! I LOVE me some bimmers! Had a e30 318is, lowered, LSD, 5spd....freaking awesome car to drive. Now this e36 I have is just supposed to be a decent enjoyable nice DD car....til the motor blows and I put a ford 5.0 swap in it!:nuts:

·
Feckin Eejit!
6,961 Posts

My buddy has an audi s4 thats pushing something like 500awdhp to the street and he is REALLY trying to convince me to build a turbo m50 frankenstein motor for my ti... rear subframe reinforcement, e30 lsd diff with e30 axles...

I should probably stop shitting up your motorbike thread with the cage talk tho eh? :D

·
Yut-Ughhh
1,651 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·

My buddy has an audi s4 thats pushing something like 500awdhp to the street and he is REALLY trying to convince me to build a turbo m50 frankenstein motor for my ti... rear subframe reinforcement, e30 lsd diff with e30 axles...

I should probably stop shitting up your motorbike thread with the cage talk tho eh? :D
haha I've got a buddy with an s4 too.....not as much hp though... Can't say I exactly love the car, he does...but I like my bimmers. And as far as building up the m50, I just can't justify the price when other motors can be swapped in so easily for so much cheaper.

lol all good though about cage talk..... building is what is fun no matter how many wheels!:thumbsup:

·
Yut-Ughhh
1,651 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·

Actually that might be a FOOOKIN Deeeee!....bwahahhaha! Cx500 Deluxe

·
Yut-Ughhh
1,651 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·

UGH, CRAP!...... not at all sure what to do about the rear end. It will end up costing me probably close to 400bucks to get all the parts I need.

1 - 20 of 56 Posts