Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Yut-Ughhh
Joined
·
1,651 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright so as if I didn't have enough irons in the fire as it is..... Throwing this in the bunch, not sure how crazy I will get with it, everything has to do with money.

I picked this up on november 24th with Streetfighterkz, and we drove out to VA to pick it up from fellow CFer CrystalSKull.



It has been sitting in my storage unit since then.....but just the other weekend I decided to bring it home and see if I can't get it to run.




I tore into the carbs, found a few issues....
Got the carbs sorted...
Then found out it had a broken off sparkplug in one of the cylinders, which then at that point I thought I was going to have to part the bike out, but ended up MIRACULOUSLY being able to easy-out the sparkplug.






I finally got the bike to fire, and have a vid of it running for a few seconds....but then my starer solenoid went dead, so I bought a new one. And now I seem to have a ground issue with the bike as it isn't turning over now.

I've bought a few things for the bike as I planned on making this a fun DD kind of commuter bike....

Bought a seat for it.



Bought 4-1headers for it


Bought a cbr1000rr tail---JUST CAME IN TODAY!



-------------------
So now that the tail came in I decided to do work tonight before I leave for work, since it looked like it will end up fit perfectly! I did some cutting and modding of the RR tail and BAM! Looks like the bike will end up looking good enough that I can enter it into the build off!
(tank and seat isn't bolted down so it isn't sitting totally flush, but you get the idea of how it should end up looking once I'm done with the tail.)




COSTS:
Bike-500
Seat-45
Headers-70
RR tail-65
Starter solenoid-10
 

·
Yut-Ughhh
Joined
·
1,651 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Wooohooo. Spent last night soaking the carbs and then today adjusting them, got them seemingly running great! Finally no more spitting fuel out the carbs off idle!
-----
Annnnnnnnnnnd so since I got EVERYTHING for it to be a "driveable" running bike sorted, I took it down the road! wooohooo! Been how many months now since I've been on asphalt with just 2wheels?! Damn that was nice!

Now it just needs some TLC and whatnot to be trusted on the road, and then I gotta figure out what I'm doing for the looks department.... Half tempted to just let it be a ratbike that is wickedly ugly---and fast.....turbo eventually ;)
 

·
Yut-Ughhh
Joined
·
1,651 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Throw all the suggestion you have for a headlight for this thing at me please!
Keep in mind this will have the 1000rr tail with a seat cowl.






 

·
Yut-Ughhh
Joined
·
1,651 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
I did some chopping and work to the 1000rr tail.... I think I can get it to work and still have the bike's lines flow properly....
My idea is to cover up the funky section "subframe" part of the frame with a "bottle" on each side.... My thoughts are one one coolant overflow and one for storage that I could stick a water bottle in possibly.....
Anyways here is what I'm thinking about.

 

·
Yut-Ughhh
Joined
·
1,651 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Forgot I even had this entered in here.

Well I FINALLY got it running right, after SEVERAL attempts/days/nights, stuck and dead at the bottom of driveway or road testing it out....ugh!
Floatbowl mod/ram air delete, pretty much done and everything about the bike gone over and checked.
-----
-----
And now yesterday I spent all day running around getting out of state inspection, title transfer, and DMV work.

Finally got it all done and went for a few mile trip with no issues, woohooo!

Anyways, here it is with rocketship thrusters installed in the rear, and it good enough to be taken down the road and tested out.





Now for operation Ratbike 2.0.... shit is gonna get super ratty FAST.
 

·
Yut-Ughhh
Joined
·
1,651 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
well humph. I thought I had it running right....put a few miles on it. Then put a muffler on it and rode a few more miles and the problems came right back of flooding out whenever the motor is lugged even just a little bit.
Owell, I got new pilot jets and main jets in now last night, hopefully this morning when it is early/late enough to make loud noises it will finally run correctly....fingers crossed.

Anyways though, here is said muffler....just needs a little tweaking yet, but I really like the location of it and keeping the bike stubby.
Oh, also the stainless 4-1 header is installed now as well
And a new rear tire, woohoo....it better use it up now!

 

·
Yut-Ughhh
Joined
·
1,651 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well before I got to test out the new jetting I got some TERRIBLE top end rattling....ordered a shim kit yesterday, hopefully that solves my problems and can get back to making this thing run correctly.....

Also fixed up my GSX1100g and am daily riding it now to work....so that took up some time :(
 

·
Sick of being frozen
Joined
·
1,086 Posts
Bumping this build since the 500 is done, I know you've got a lot of builds but I love big Kawi's.
Whoops, just realized I'm not supposed to post here, sorry guys, came here via search and didn't check section.
 

·
Yut-Ughhh
Joined
·
1,651 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
Bumping this build since the 500 is done, I know you've got a lot of builds but I love big Kawi's.
Whoops, just realized I'm not supposed to post here, sorry guys, came here via search and didn't check section.

I cut my losses and sold the zx11....it ended up getting a bad #3 rod bearing :(
 
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Top