Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi, i was a member here yonks ago, but have been quiet for a while.
ive previous for building fighters, heres one i am building just now- 1340 harris gsxr

and another one of mine- gsxr/katana

and my latest build, not yet finished, its a busa, or it was....

needs some bits changed to be honest, but ill get there, its got +8 teeth on rear sprocket, makes it a bit lively, but we all have to die of something eh?
im also almost finished a gsxr 1100m in my living room, i like to keep busy

ive also got a gsxr efe stuck in the bottom of the shed, havnt seen it for years, mybad,,,,

cheers, see you around..

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
not the busiest of forums then?

Anyway took boosa out tonight for a blatt, and heres what i came back with. First real test.
it needs less teeth on rear sprocket, +8 was too much, first is just for pulling away on now, and its screaming at about 150.
Exhause if F loud (a good thing, but i wasnt wearing earplugs)
it needs a turbo....i need a lottery win......
the handling is 100 times better than busa with low bars, the shorter wheelbase of the single sider also helps here.
Removing the steering damper has caused no issues so far. i blatted it over a bit of road that used to tie my tls1000 in knots, and it was ok, just a bit skittish, but liveable, and the handling benefit of not having it out weighs the security of having it.
i the front end feels harsh and choppy, so maybe another front end for it.

Apart from that its massive fun.

·
10,802 Posts
my GSXR needs its damper, think I made the headstock a teeny bit steep

where did they fuck off to then Yan?
prob fb ... although a few are on OSS

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hi mate, ive hardly used the kat to be honest, since it was built. its sitting in shed needing slave seal for the clutch.

talking of which, i was out yesterday morning and noticed the clutch was a bit ropey.
fluid was cloudy and black. it was clear the day before FFS. Anyway i got a seal kit from lad who owned it before me, so cleaned the line and master cylinder with compressed air, and fitted new seal/spring. the slave cylinder was slightly corroded but cleaned up fine.
when i was bleeding it, i noticed the sprocket casing was flexing, visibly. no cracks in case or anything, and looking up interweb seems its a common fault. APE in the states do a brace which stabilises everything, might have to shell out. bugger

i had some yokes made up in about 2008, and, er ive not fitted them to anything...yet.
its these massive mofos. id like to modernise the front end, so do we know of any modern front forks with a 50/54 yoke set up?

·
Eff Tee Pee
29,634 Posts
Welcome in Baldy! Those are the chonkiest triples I've ever seen! Trying to make something stop wheelieing? lol

Reactions: Baldrick1

·
Registered
52 Posts
Any progress with this?
I know the other site are being dic# h####
But I like them yokes and think they will work well with the busa. Just find the right headlight to go with them (y)

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
yeah, the other place ? you noticed huh.
what's your name on there, out of interest.

yep, ive been looking at headlights, dont really like the German "mask" ones, and MT09 ones have been done to death.
Was kinda thinking that a small black headlight, just something simple or a round LED thing would look ok. the clocks are koso GPS ones and just mounted on handlebars.
got my single sider for the harris back from the engineering shop yesterday so ordered up another bearing, after spending hours looking for the one i had. it will turn up, probably just after i fit the new one haha.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Name on other place is wraith ;)
I will have one of the round 7" led headlights going spare, I can send it up to you so you can see how it looks before getting one just ever post it back or we can sort a cheep price for you. I will see if I can find a pic of it if not I will take one tomorrow for you.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
ahh yes i thought it might be you after reading your oss post/message earlier.
i wouldnt mind a look at this LED if you could mate, you can let me know what sorta money etc, that would be great.
does it have high/low beam? just asking because i do actually use my bike at night sometimes.
cheers man.

·
Super Moderator
5,650 Posts
Ain`t none of that going on round here LOL, the only reason someone tells you not to do sth here is because you`ve overlooked a blatant error, or there`s a better way to do it (which they will also tell you unlike on other forums where people seem to only search for that moral high of slamming someone but failing to deliver on the better solution part)

·
Registered
52 Posts
:D
IMG_20200817_174757216_HDR.jpg

Has high/low beam and side light at top and bottom.
IMG_20210218_124837113.jpg

Send me you address and I will post it up to you, if you like/want it £15 all in ?
The one I don't want is/was on the gsx1100f project but I've decided to go for a kwak gt550 headlight so its never been used.
Don't know if you can pm on this site if not send me your address on the other site ;)

1 - 19 of 19 Posts