Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Haven't actually taken a look at it yet, but I just bought a bike from a guy down the street from me for a bottle of 151, no I'm not joking. I've wanted to build a cafe racer for a while now, always loved they way they looked, so I guess this 1978 kawi 440(450?) is an ok start. Turns over, but doesn't run, gonna need new carbs, electronics, and the chrome is shot to shit. All in all, for around $40 I got myself a new project haha

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Kinda torn between going cafe or bobber with this one though, cafe, I can give girlies rides, bobber is just badassery with no pillon

·
Registered
4,653 Posts
Café all day. Modern suspension front and rear with 120 up front 180 out back. Modern café racers kick ass

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
And the bad news.... The 400 is a solid block of rust :( welp that means transplant time! Anybody know what kinda heart is easily swapped into this frame, since this is pretty much my first build...

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Sourced a engine in the bronx, $100. Also getting some nice shiney wheels with tires, and a tank for a total of $250, gonna see if he'll part with some of the electronics as well.. So total price so far: $271 for a soon to be running 78/79 kz400

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
So far, so slow, slowly taking the 400 apart, cleaned the valve cover and breather cover as well as the rockers
Before:

After:

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
old skool = :thumbsup: fer sure !
Haha thanks rob! I like the simplicity of older bikes/cars but I also like the newer ones too, I'll try to add some modern touches to this build while still keeping it classic, of course with my own dirty touches here an there..

1 - 14 of 14 Posts