Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
3,247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok amigos, some of you know I'm still in the midst of my Triumph rebuild. Partly because I've been out on Military duties and haven't even seen the damn thing yet alone had a chance to work on it. Well anyways, when I got back earlier this month (like a week ago) I immediately started working on it but was dying to ride!

I jokingly told my wife I was gonna pick up a cheap bike to ride around until my Umph was done. She said exactly this..... "ok"

Not that I need permission or anything like that but, I thought to myself, "That's pretty much telling me to do it!"

And so I went for it. I was really looking for something cheap that I would just turn around and dump after the Umph was back together but ended up buying this instead...

I promised myself I won't DW on it until the Umph is done so for now I'm just gonna ride... and maybe just clean up the mirrors, blinkers and tail, but nothing serious! I just wanna ride for now. And I gotta tell ya, I think I'm in love with this thing. Way more that I thought I would be!

·
Bitches love Fighters
5,325 Posts
looks nice. i think i still want to get a buell

·
Premium Member
15,798 Posts
its fucking hilarious how you guys cry about harleys but drool over buells haha

·
Registered
269 Posts
SEXY bike.
My favorite colors for the Buells are the white/blue XBr and the black/red XBs.

There was a similar buell for sale around here not too long ago. it had ceramic coated headers.... practically chrome... really popped against the motor/frame and matched the forks really well. I would've jumped on it, but just don't want the low bars for daily riding.

Also seen one XB9r done with blue heel plates, forks, and tidbits... set it off nicely.

PLEASE PLEASE.... don't do some hackjob makeshift exhaust. I don't know why, but Buells seem to attract all sorts of home-grown monstrosities.

·
Registered
3,247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
SEXY bike.
My favorite colors for the Buells are the white/blue XBr and the black/red XBs.

There was a similar buell for sale around here not too long ago. it had ceramic coated headers.... practically chrome... really popped against the motor/frame and matched the forks really well. I would've jumped on it, but just don't want the low bars for daily riding.

Also seen one XB9r done with blue heel plates, forks, and tidbits... set it off nicely.

PLEASE PLEASE.... don't do some hackjob makeshift exhaust. I don't know why, but Buells seem to attract all sorts of home-grown monstrosities.
Roger that, I actually like the exhaust that's on there now, it sounds fantastic. Like I said, I won't be doing anything to it until the Triumph is done. Other than blinkers and mirrors, etc. But yeah it's pretty setup as is. I love the colors as well.

·
Watch the world burn
1,046 Posts
its fucking hilarious how you guys cry about harleys but drool over buells haha
I'm not sure why... Buells had some pretty innovative and genius technolodgies... Buell's whole design process was completely opposite of harley's. Sure, Buell used harley's power plant....after it was upgraded, but everything else was different. When harley got ahold of buell's company they rode it into the ground and destroyed it.

I'm not even a fan of buells. I think they're ugly as sin....but I can still appreciate what buell was doing; and like them a hell of a lot more than a harley. I'm still learning about buells, and with every new bit unfolds I just gotta say wow. Cause that shit is genius. Buell is what harley should've done for themselves instead of beating their dead pony into the ground repeatedly.

·
Registered
3,247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Looks great amigo, yeah, I drank the Buell-ade and am now loving it! I swore I wouldn't do anything to it until I finished the Triumph though, so nothing major right away..... at least for now!

Mine has the Hawks exhaust and it's sexy loud!

·
Registered
3,247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I just bought the integrated tail and blinkers from XBlights.com. Everyone I talk to says that this is the best option out there and that the Clear Alternatives version is crap. This one is spendy, and built to order, but I figure it more as a piece of safety equipment than anything. And that makes it worth the money to me. I'll post pics, and details when I receive it of course. Went with the clear lens, amber leds, etc. This should help clean up the tail a little more. Small easy changes amigo, that way I can still ride it. Now when the Triumph is done, well that may be a whole different story!

·
Vtwin
3,945 Posts
Search option and came across this thread......I just couldn't help but read it all again and drool over the picks:D I wish you had the '04-'06...if you did I'd be out to pillage your Maps and EEPROM, the cool thing about that is I can hook up ECMspy to any bike and copy the mapp/EEPROM data with absolutely no effect to the host bike...the problem with the 2008 to the 2005 is the firmware is diffrent so if I tried to load your data on to my bike it would(almost for sure) BRICK my ecm, same would be true for mine to yours.....

...I think you said yours came with ECMspy? If not you should really try to find it for the '08.......it makes it a breeze to diagnose problems and do simple resets and such....

.....sorry after reading through ur thread again I started Buell Dreaming...lol!!:D now I'm off to re-read Chevy's buellade thread....LOL

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

1 - 20 of 25 Posts