Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner

21 - 40 of 105 Posts

·
Cpt. Obvious
2,112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Mine was a pretty cheap fix. It can lead to big problems though. If it goes out then it will drip fuel at all times no matter the position and slowly fill your carbs then your cylinders, And finally your oil. So i would go ahead and fix it. Like I said it came out to be a pretty cheap fix.

·
Cpt. Obvious
2,112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Stupid bad Petcock. After all that time filling the cylinders then draining into the oil it has caused cluth issues. *Sigh* Now for a new clutch. But other than that, Everything seems to be a damn sight better.....

·
Cpt. Obvious
2,112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
Ok so now everything is pretty much running well. Anyone know where I can get a Graphix kit. The old owner really trashed the paint and rather than sand it and paint it Thought about looking for a good looking graphix kit. If they even have em.

·
Cpt. Obvious
2,112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
And after cleaning it up, and getting it out for a ride. The new clutch isn't engaging for some reason. Sigh * lets see how much more shit can be fucked.

·
Cpt. Obvious
2,112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
Nope it is nice and snug, that was the first thing I checked too. Still working on it though. Seems to still be taking small amounts of gas in the cylinders as well been keeping a TIGHT watch on the oil and keep getting ever so small amounts of gas in the oil. Might still be working out all the old gas that was in it from hard to clean spots though so I will give it a while.

·
Cpt. Obvious
2,112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
Turns out my brother was messing with shit and turned the adjustment for the clutch a little to loose.

Reactions: gsf1200R

·
Cpt. Obvious
2,112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
LoL ok Pics it is Haven't really gotten much done though as far as looking at it. Trying to get all back in good stock order before I go carving it up.

·
Cpt. Obvious
2,112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
Finally pulled all the stock crap off and got it ready for the new headlights.

WOOHOOOO new headlight.

Didn't like the stock gas cap so went with some colors to match. Think it looks good.

The exaust was painted a nasty ass color of silver. I started trying to clean it and prep it for paint and noticed the silver was coming off rather easy. It was looking promising, Then I noticed the pitting and SERIOUS scratches in the chrome.

So the whole thing is getting painted black.

If you look at the frame towards the front side of the engine you will see where the old owner decided to paint the manifold with it still on the bike. So I have a lot of scrubbing and cleaning yet to do to get the old shit off the frame.

If you go back and look in the first pic you can see the extent of how much of the frame they managed to paint.

How exactly do you go about cutting the can. I couldn't get the screws out to remove the casing. Wasn't sure if you just cut it and took it apart from the inside or what.

·
Cpt. Obvious
2,112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
OK with the parts I got from Travco (again big rep to him) I managed to get most of the rear done as far as I feel like doing it this winter. Gonna save all summer for small things and the really throw some work into it next winter. Forgot to take camera with me so you will all just have to wait for pics, but they are on the way. Still have to mount the front headlights. Ran into a problem though. I got a Dominator set from a friend and his come off a GSXR so the fork mounts are WAY to big for mine. And the replacement clamps are 79$ that is just stupid so I need to find a large grommet or make some spacers to go in the clamps so they will actually fit my forks. I am about to order new turn signals and bar end mirrors tonight. Pics will be up in a few days when I get them on. I just know there is a few little things I am missing. But I am more than sure they will pop up and be simple to take care of.

One more thing if anyone knows the best way to go about cutting your Can and wrapping a exaust lemme in on best way to go about it.

·
Cpt. Obvious
2,112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
Pics as promised.

·
Cpt. Obvious
2,112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #34 ·
Ok pics for the sake of pics this time. Got the new rear turn signals in the mail so I had to put em on.

·
Powder Guy
919 Posts
Hold on a second man! This is a common problem with bandits. It's a bad petcock. It's pretty widely known about in the bandit community. The diapham in the petcock has come apart and just drips fuel into the carbs no matter what, but won't let enough flow to start the bike. Don't waste your time getting a suzuki one again. Get a Pingle valve and you will have no problems, you'll have to shut the fuel off to the bike when you park it.
:wtf:

·
Cpt. Obvious
2,112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #37 ·
The taillights I got off Ebay for like $13 if you look up "Flush Turn Signal Blinker Lights Flasher LED Black" just like that and like 4 should pop up. But get em fast like 3 ppl have PMd me about where to get them already. And Nomoreusmc you were exactly right. I hate Suzuki's stock petcock.

·
WHO DARES WINS RODDERS
460 Posts
Mate , those turn signals look more like licence plate lights to me. Do they light up amber??

·
Cpt. Obvious
2,112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #39 ·
Yup they are amber. And they are turn signals. Just small ones..

·
Cpt. Obvious
2,112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #40 ·

Such a nice day in Georgia to day I just had to ride. After 100+ miles on it today I noticed the forks need to be rebuilt. Not a huge deal but first time doing it. The exhaust wrap should be in Tuesday. And I should be totally ready to ride it through the summer soon. That first taste of summer has just made my need to ride worse.

21 - 40 of 105 Posts