Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner

41 - 60 of 105 Posts

·
Cpt. Obvious
2,112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #41 ·

So the claps for the lights are for a MUCH larger fork. Apparently a inverted set. A new set is like 80$ any ideas on a way to fill the hole I was thinking a grommet or something. Any tips on wrapping my exhaust before I start it tomorrow.

·
88 Posts
when i wrapped mine it took two 50 ft rolls. and wear gloves and long sleeves cause that shit will eat you up. and if you want the wrap to be black spray it with some high heat engine enamel after you wrap it. that will keep it from fading to grey so fast. oh and where did you get those headlights at?

·
Cpt. Obvious
2,112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #43 ·

·
WHO DARES WINS RODDERS
460 Posts
They are dominators http://www.flyncycle.com/Dominator_Twin_Motorcycle_Headlight_p/hlutrblk.htm I got mine from a guy on craigslist for $150 but coming off a GSXR they are fitted for the inverted forks so I have to machine a spacer for fit them on the bandit forks. It all works out well though. I intend to switch the fork over along with everything else next winter.
The dominators are cool looking lights and quite popular in the street fighter scene. The only problem with them is that they put out about as much light as a candle in a fuckin hurricane coz you are now splitting the electrical feed over two bulbs. It can be remedied but i don't know enough about electrics to tell you how to. I am facing the dilema myself so i guess i need to do some more research, but if you find out then let me know.;)
BTW don't forget to tidy up those dangling wires with a bit of heat shrink :D

Nice one brother :rock:

·
WHO DARES WINS RODDERS
460 Posts
Hold the phone. I just found this description off Banditforum.co.uk

the relays allow the bulbs to use the full power of the battery. normally by the time the power has gone through the switchgear and thinner wiring to get to the bulb, the bulbs aren't receiving full power. relays are still activated by the normal switch but they send the power to the bulbs direct from the battery thus not risking burning out the stock wiring and switches. because dominators share the same stock wires but for 2 bulbs instead of 1, that is why they are so dim. the relays send full power to each bulb. you need 2 relays. 1 for dip beam and 1 for main. you can buy kits off ebay that save you doing all the wirig. you just plug it in then connect 1 wire to the battery. alternatively, yo can do it yourself for under a tenner

Hope this helps mate

Rich

·
Cpt. Obvious
2,112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #46 ·
Yup my dad seen that a week or so ago and said something to me. Cheers for having a eletrical engineer in the family.

Reactions: nomoreusmc

·
Powder Guy
919 Posts
Yup my dad seen that a week or so ago and said something to me. Cheers for having a eletrical engineer in the family.
LOL I run a dc to dc converter on mine to run 16V, but I am converting over to HID this winter. It's easy and uses much less current. I am gonna leave my high beam a 16v and a standard bulb just in case the HID won't spark up for some reason.

·
Cpt. Obvious
2,112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #48 ·
So I wired it all up today and will be washing it for pics tomorrow. The headlight is wired so that just one light is on for normal riding and both for high beams. Bright as hell Ty to all that helped me with the relay.

·
NorCal Fighter
42 Posts
I'm running those same lights. I have them hooked up to the high beam switch on my bandit...I think it bugs people when I drive behind them at night but fuck it who cares I can see good :p I had to modify the brackets that the company gives you. When u bang a wheelie or hit a bump they tend to move down. So i drilled a hole through the bracket and the plastic part that wraps around the fork. Then I stuck a metal dowel through the hole. Its a solid fix. I say fuck it spend the cash and get the stock part it looks best.

·
Powder Guy
919 Posts
No problem man! Bandito's have to stick together!!! LOL:voodoo:

·
Cpt. Obvious
2,112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #51 ·
OK so with it being warm I have been riding the piss out of it trying to see if it will break so I can get any problems out of the way. OK I think the oil seal behind the front sprocket is leaking. No big issue I will go ahead and replace the chain and sprockets if needed. At the very least it will give me a solid chance to look at em. There is also the little rod that sticks out just to the left of the front sprocket WTF is it for. If i even look at it wrong it will weep oil from around the seal. Now for the tech question. The fucking motor ticks. A very light tick... but a tick none the less. I had one tech at the Suzuki place tell me it was normal for B6s and another tell me I needed my valves adjusted. Now it isn't a low on oil tick. I am changing it every 400miles for the first 1200 miles. (over doing it I know.) I will tear it all down and get ready to replace everything PICS SOON.

·
trying to clear my mind!
285 Posts
the bandit motors are noisy anyway matey so long as you have checked your valve clearances i wouldent worry about it. they are more likely to tick with correctly set valve clearances , reason being they get tighter over time so stop ticking .

that rod is your clutch push rod, the seal behind it normally goes as its only cheap. best way to get it out is to screw 2 small self tappers in and pull it out with a pair of pliers.
then just push the new seal in.

i made my own clutch push rod out of some silver steel, just harden then ends in oil and it will be fine.
hope this helps

oh and pics please!

Mark

·
Cpt. Obvious
2,112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #53 ·
Ok thanks Pug. I am tearing id down in a few hours and will be sure to take pics. Someone told me it might be as simple as to much oil in her so it is running out the seals but. Unless the sight gauge is wrong the oil is fine.

·
Powder Guy
919 Posts
adjust your valves man, it will get rid of the tic

·
Cpt. Obvious
2,112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #55 ·
---FUCK THE LOCAL SUZUKI DEALERSHIP---

So I order the last parts for this shit till next winter. I order them on the fucking 11th "it will be in on Tuesday" Tuesday the 15th comes well some are back ordered. *sigh* ok I understand it happens. While I am there I order my new oil seals. It will all be here Thursday the 17th at the latest. Go in on Thursday and guess what.... Yup you guessed it. NO FUCKING PARTS. " Sorry man they will all be here on the 24th no problem"..... well it is the 25th and guess what. They might be here NEXT Tuesday. But I did get reminded that if i am in a RUSH to get parts I can next day them. *PFT* I fucking hate dealing with the dealer. Should have bought it online. But I didn't cuz I didn't want to wait a week to get my shit...

·
88 Posts
hey man dont worry, work is being done. but im sure as you could see my thread got all screwed up with the way i uploaded pics or something. so instead of going back and fixin the whole thing, whenever i get it done (which will be in like a month or so) ill just put it all together on one thread. and ill let you know when i post it up. btw my bandit likes to tick like that too, i never really took the time to check it out or nothing though.

·
Cpt. Obvious
2,112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #57 ·
Yup everything I read says it is normal. But if it really bugs me to adjust the valves. So I think I am gonna let it slide till next winter when I put a new tail on it. And hopefully a SSSA...

·
88 Posts
yeah that would be pretty sweet. im thinkin extended swingarm on mine. not for any real purpose i just have always liked the look of em. i think one would look killer on a bandit. ive already found an extra swingarm at the junkyard down the road, might try to chop it up and make one. thats later on though.

·
Registered
205 Posts
i have same year/color bandit. same oil leak problem. it was a little worse cuz i also had aleakfrom my crankcase left sidecover. fixed that and now its just a couple drops, (probably from the sprocket gasket) unfortunately, one of the bolts on my sprocket cover is striped mirror smooth :( so i cant check until i get that bitch out. i took all of my fairings off. it looks weird but my rears were cracked plus i hate the shape of them. yours looks like it has a tail kit on it tho. im in gainesville fl so if you need any help pm me i've encountered some problems with my bike i fixed. most recentlyreplaced the clutch pads/springs. now im painting (and i did go with flat black on the red frame:) i'll post some pics of mine. l8r

41 - 60 of 105 Posts