Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
All star !!!
6,714 Posts
Good luck with the site..it looks interesting. I assume by the adress you are in the UK?

Welcome to CF.com too. :rock:

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks for the feedback mate i know its a bit empty but its a start i keep updating it with bits and bobs just need some more interest and pics please yes i am in the uk

·
Hello m8.
Where are you in the UK/

Good to see you are getting some inspiration from an American site.

I checked your header code, and see that you have not begun any S.E.O. elements just yet:

<head>
<title>STREETFIGHTER SWAP AND SELL | </title><meta name="keywords" content="">
<meta name="description" content="">

You could do alot worse than just typing in www.customfighters.com
and DZ products in the blank spaces between the quotation marks as a start to get the search engine robots sniffing over your site.

Youi don't believe me? ok come back on and tell me what you eventually do.

Love your spirit, but drop all the fancy java script mouse folower shit and start to trim that biotch for faster loading...(just like a streetfighter.)

Good Luck Baz :nuts:

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
thanks mate appreciate your help im in the north west of england near liverpool there seems to be a lack of good fighter sites in the uk so i thought i would make my own alot of people prefer the sportsbike look here and turn there noses up at fighters but i love them cos they are raw and they put the middle finger up to the normality of life

·
thanks mate appreciate your help im in the north west of england near liverpool there seems to be a lack of good fighter sites in the uk so i thought i would make my own alot of people prefer the sportsbike look here and turn there noses up at fighters but i love them cos they are raw and they put the middle finger up to the normality of life
Great idea Baz.
I hope you do really well and your site takes off. I have a few tips you are welcome to try, and initially I'll help via a public post like this, so other interested dudes can try them too.

First, like I was saying about the java script effects, anything that slows the loading time of your pages down is a big no no.

For example, the pic of the ugly bike (twin wheel chop) is in BMP format and weighs in at 508kb. Converting this to jpg reduces the file size to 43.5kb with no change in size or display quality.

The total size of your picture page is 562432 bytes, which will load in 115.29 seconds on a 56Kbps modem. Consider reducing total page size to less than 30K to achieve sub eight second response times on 56K connections. Pages over 100K exceed most attention thresholds at 56Kbps, even with feedback.

So like I'm saying, where the web is concerned, small is beautiful ;)

Tip of the day then Baz: do a google search fror some free img conditioning software. I use more than one type, but can highly recommend the Irfanview offering, similarly, tap in a search for some links to free html evaluation services. These will check your pages for conformity and point out where you can trim stuff for best effect.

Hope this will help. BB :rock:

·
Eff Tee Pee
29,647 Posts
talk to ab420. he designs and builds awesome websites and does advertising as well.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
thanks mate i really appreciate the feedback i am getting off this site i put a message on a uk website as well and got zero response this is why i want to make a good friendly uk site

1 - 14 of 14 Posts