Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright guys so I have been here before with a previous project I started, but it didn't get very far do to the fact of some issues with the title that I just couldn't handle to go through, so I sold that bike.

However I am proud to say that last night I purchased a new bike to begin a journey with. A 1994 Honda CBR600 F2! I picked it up for 600$. So not to bad.

The Good?

27k on the Odometer
Still has all the original platics (Even if I don't plan to use them, it means I can sell them to make money back haha)
Original Seat (which I don't plan to use either)
Partially new wiring harness (previous owner replaced alot of the old connections)
New stator

The Bad?

The stator is not installed, the PO started the install but never finished it. So as of right now it doesn't run. However I am HOPING it is as simple as installing the stator and that I haven't been lied too.

The tank has a decent dent on the top section (which I can fix)

The gas cap bolts are missing

the stator cover bolts are missing

no stator cover gasket

it needs paint

So there is pros and cons of the bike for sure, but I am looking forward to the project. I will hopefully start stripping it down tonight and I will post some pictures first thing in the morning!

If anybody would so happen to have a Haynes manual PDF or anything for this bike I would love you forever. Motors have never been my strong point, and i'm new to a carb, but I'm sure I can conquer it.

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
I picked up a proper haynes manual of ebay for £10 its worth it to have it handy at the garage and I needed the wireing diagram for rebuilding my loom it is worth its weight in gold just for that!

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Welcome back. There are links to m manuals somewhere on the forum. No way I am going to try to search on my phone.
I'll take a look!

ive got the service manual in pdf if you want it.
And welcome back. Glad to see some more F2 builds going on.
That would be awesome! I am looking online for an official haynes manual as well, but for tonight anything would be great!

I picked up a proper haynes manual of ebay for £10 its worth it to have it handy at the garage and I needed the wireing diagram for rebuilding my loom it is worth its weight in gold just for that!
Oh I know haha I've always had them for cars I built, and I couldn't ask for a more valuable tool.

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
So do we get any pics of the beast?

:ttiwwop:

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
shoot me your email and ill get ya the pdf. ive got a seperate pdf for the wiring diagrams too
Sounds good man, i'll PM it to you in a few! I appreciate it, i'll take all the info about it I can get!

Here is some pictures of the bike guys, the fairings are all off to the side, Two Brothers pipe will be gone soon, i'll bondo the tank for now, but the first thing i'm doing is ordering the gaskets and things I need to get the bike up and running!

Got a small bit of work done last night, but I ended up working late. Got the tank, Front fairing stay, Gauge Cluster, and those hideous bar ends off in the 30 minutes or so that I had to work with :rock:

How it started:

How I ended the night:

Will be starting a build thread soon.

·
Administrator
50,498 Posts
nice project and REP fer comin back to tha loony bin mate .

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
nice project and REP fer comin back to tha loony bin mate .
I'm glad to be back. I've rolled around this forum for a while now, and now that I finally have a bike worthy, i'm excited to see what kind of reactions I get. I'll admit i've got a lot of learning to do, but that's why i'm here!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts