Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys I am new to the bike world. I have a 85 FJ1100 I bought last week it has a few streetfighter signature things now but more to come now that its in my hands. I like the overall look of the bike just looks really 80s lol. I will post up some pictures when I get off work but wanted to say hello and see if there is anyone near like the Mall of Geogia in Georgia that I could ride with get some advise and whatnot. I bought the bike and it was running but not very well. The previous owner got a new job out of state so the bike sat for about 5 months. I tore the bike down and two of the diaphrams are weak and I did the Plasti-Dip to make them a little stronger. They are better but still not perfect. I want to at least get the bike running decent to make sure its worth getting into. I drained the fuel and went through the carbs which were very clean. I asked the PO and he rebuilt and rejetted the carbs around a year ago and the bike was really strong. It has the rejet, and a V&H full exhaust on it and a drop in K&N. I am a car builder and fully restored a 1967 Mercury Cougar myself and built a 1998 Cobra Mustang as well. I built both motors but this little bike is kicking my butt lol. I read up about this site and seems like a lot of good people and some wicked bikes. Hope to ride and see some of you guys soon. Thanks and once again I will post up some pics later tonight.

Reactions: MikeGyver

·
Registered
4,653 Posts
Welcome to CF.... There are some really badass fj12 builds on here check out jumas? Build he won fighter of the year last year I think

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Some pics

torn down

when I bought it

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the nice booty on my post Martin. My name is Martin. Thanks for the welcome and I have been working on the Cougar for about 10 years it was all rusted out and rats living in it when I bought it. New to bikes but exited. Its been fun so far just different. These carbs are kicking my but in the parts I need and tuning they are alot different than car carbs.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts