Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Figured it was time to introduce myself.

I have as the title says an 04 636. Picked it up last june, its my first bike so i've only been riding a little over a year. i'm 38. Here's what I've learned....

a...should have known more when i picked out my first bike. the fairings were a bit more beat up then i thought, the front lights have a crack on both sides at the mounts, ect. it had obviously been down...but i was blind to it. its had some issues. i havent done much to it, except replace the sprockets and chain and clutch cable. just removed the fairings as they were a little beat up. and tonight i removed the front fairing and light.

b...while i loved the look of sports bikes, and definitely love the performance, the comfort level sucks. i'm not a tall guy so leaning over the tank takes its toll. short rides only please. and being the old man i am it kills my knees.

so that leaves me with...sell it, or do something with it. so ive been lurking, only made one post before this one i think.

i was just at the Carlisle bike fest and stopped by the fighter fest tent....ok...more like awkwardly lurked. and decided to go ahead and do it. it'll be a slow process as finances are tight...but...only one way to find out if i can do it.

my first priority is get it legal so i can keep riding it. so gonna grab some cheap lights (i'm going to limit my night riding) and turn signals for now. i come up with a goofy way to mount the speedo for now (just going to use my ram stem mount and an extra angle i had. i mocked it up in the pics below. i also want to raise it back up (was lowered when i bought it).

also gotta route the wires and noticed my clutch cable has a crack so gotta replace that again.

longer term...new tail fairing and paint it, probably black but been debating plastidip (dont want to get crazy there as my kids like to ride with me...no woman to haul around though :(). dirt bars. figure out what i'm going to do about the forks, they are painted from the bottom triple down, gonna look stupid when i raise it back up. a lot has been painted, frame, engine parts, ect. its a dark metallic. not crazy about it, but not much i can do quite yet either. to more i have to get a car first, as this is my only transportation for now (other than borrowing from family.---boo hoo story, newly divorced, struggling financially, ect ect).

anyway, theres my intro.

·
Registered
4,653 Posts
Welcome in if you need any parts I have a stock pile of 03-04 parts

·
Administrator
50,498 Posts
welcom in mate ,goodonya fer jumping in and rippin that wee sucker rita apart.GL with yer project .

·
Administrator
50,498 Posts
Almost fergot you will enjoy tha durt bars.(you will needa longer clutch cabel approx 2-3")

1 - 8 of 8 Posts