Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
854 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all. I've been lurking around here for a little while and finally decided to register. Found this place because of Enrico Vespa over on SVrider.com and I'm glad cause this seems like the kind of place with a wealth of knowledge.

I started riding early last year. No previous motorcycle experience but lots of experience with bicycling. Which actually helped a lot with dealing with traffic. I ride to work everyday, and I work everyday. When I can I go hunting for good twistie roads but the majority of my riding is urban.

My bike is an 06 SV 650 naked that I'm working on evolving it into more of a streetfighter. So far I've added on a M4 full system that I've painted high heat black (got it dirt cheap from a guy that dented and rashed it up), Woodcraft rearsets, and Pazzo shorty levers. Just recently I finally made some more supsension tweaking and adjusted the TPS, rides a lot smoother now. Cosmetically I swapped the signals and mirrors for short stalk models, added reflective rim stripes, and did a fender eliminator. Actually I'm currently working on a bracket to mount the plate to the swing arm and remount a chopped fender.

I've got a lot more to do as budget allows. Here she is as she looks now.

·
Registered
854 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys :)

Haelo - is that the work of Banksy in your avatar? He's one of the artists that inspire me the most. Certainly looks like something he would do.

·
(cheers smiley goes here)
4,286 Posts
Hey Hungry, Welcome to CF !!
Where you located in Ohio ?? I'm in Cincinnati !:letsride:

Was the picture taken at Loveland Castle, Or what castle is that ???? :)

·
Registered
854 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I'm in Cbus actually but yes that is the castle in Loveland. I had to ride down to Cincy a couple weekends ago to attend a wedding. On the trip back I decided to do some exploring before I left town. Started following signs to get to this historic castle and didn't expect the road to get there to be ... well as crazy as it is. Working my way down that road made getting that picture sort of a trophy for me.

·
All star !!!
6,714 Posts
F'ing SVR members...can't get rid of them...LOL

Welcome to the site bro. :D

Your timing is great...cause this place just came back up and SVR just went down, like a fatgirl on prom night. :):rock:

·
(cheers smiley goes here)
4,286 Posts
I'm in Cbus actually but yes that is the castle in Loveland. I had to ride down to Cincy a couple weekends ago to attend a wedding. On the trip back I decided to do some exploring before I left town. Started following signs to get to this historic castle and didn't expect the road to get there to be ... well as crazy as it is. Working my way down that road made getting that picture sort of a trophy for me.
That's cool !! and yes that road is a treat huh ?
next time your in the area, let me know and I'll put togeather a ride. I know tons of bad ass roads around here. I also own about 100 acres right outside portsmouth. And the shawnee forest roads, ohio, KY , WV, border out there are some of the best twisties I've ever seen.
But the one at the castle has claimed many !!

·
Registered
854 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
F'ing SVR members...can't get rid of them...LOL

Welcome to the site bro. :D

Your timing is great...cause this place just came back up and SVR just went down, like a fatgirl on prom night. :):rock:
:LolLolLolLol:

:D yeah I actually wanted to join up here a few days ago, only to discover some scumbag hacked it. Hopefully the new server that SVR is moving to will aleviate the problems its been having. Seems like its always painfully slow for me and its down half the time as of late.

·
Registered
854 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
That's cool !! and yes that road is a treat huh ?
next time your in the area, let me know and I'll put togeather a ride. I know tons of bad ass roads around here. I also own about 100 acres right outside portsmouth. And the shawnee forest roads, ohio, KY , WV, border out there are some of the best twisties I've ever seen.
But the one at the castle has claimed many !!
cool cool, next time I'm heading that way I'll give a shout.

I can believe that road has claimed many. I honestly wasn't sure I was ready for something like that. I mean a technically challenging path in the first place and on top of that a road surface that looks like it hasn't been taken care of in decades. Just took it slow in 1st with a lot of brakes. Was very glad to not be evaluating damage once I got to the bottom. Going back up was more fun though.

·
Eff Tee Pee
29,722 Posts
so you guys gonna form a posse and ride out to the Ghettogether??

·
Registered
854 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·

·
Registered
854 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
so you guys gonna form a posse and ride out to the Ghettogether??
always wanted to be in a posse :rock: :D

BTW what is the Ghettogether? I'm guessing a rally of sorts.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts