Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey what's up guys, so I'm from Tulsa Oklahoma I've been riding since I was 16 but took a break for about a year and a half after my old 07 gsxr got stollen.

I'm just now getting into the fighter world so I picked up an old 93 fzr 600 that I'm gonna build
It's in process of being torn down at the moment, I'm just waiting for a few pay checks to come in to order my parts I'll post pics as soon as I figure out how to.

By the way idk if I'm just blind or what but is there not a classifieds section here?

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Ok so here it is right after I picked it up

Started tearing it down

And I'm having a really hard time deciding on a tail.
Which do y'all prefer the r6 tail swap or a custom sub frame one seat tail.
The one seat will be something like this

Let me know what y'all think
Thanks,
Tim

·
escape from prison planet
2,296 Posts
im really particular about bobbers, and the R6 is way overdone. i think bobbers look best, but only when there is more than just a seat pad sticking up in the air. make it clean.

·
The Glistening Turd
2,983 Posts
Welcome in bud and I like the bobber look too, but like jed.only says there is a wrong way of doing it that just looks unfinished. You have a steel subframe so a welder or a friend with a welder can do a lot there.

Reactions: oldrider

·
Registered
4,653 Posts
Welcome to CF......

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yea I know exactly what y'all mean about being unfinished. I was kind of thinking about doing a curved round bar after the seat or something along those lines. Not real big or long just something to finish it off. I'm a machinist/welder for a oilfield equipment company and they let me use there machines and rig welder whenever I want.

I've also been thinking about doing the Ducati monster seat with a custom sub frame idk there's just so many decisions

And thank y'all for the welcome

·
Premium Member
20,726 Posts
WELCOME to CF 2.5itim!! Terrific intro & pics, so I repped you....;) Personally, I kind-of like the one-seat tail. Different & really clean, but that's just my opinion. It'll be awesome however you decide. :D

·
Registered
4,653 Posts
Lol don't sweat it she is a great lady. Her son was one of if not the greatest fighters of all time. A legend around here and other places. Check out his z1000 in the member builds its true work of art.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Oh dang there's 2 of y'all here lol.
That's what's up man I'll have to hit you up when I get it all together and go riding

Are you on tsr or tsr2?

1 - 20 of 27 Posts