Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a yzf600r and it just the frame, front and rear tires and engine. I have worked on bikes before, but not enough for this. I want to know where is a good place to buy parts, what should i get first and "how to" install tips and what not. Not exactly from scratch, but for me... heck yeah. From the looks i need velocity stacks,clutch rings, flywheel, spacers for the axle, stator cover and wiring harness. I love doing this stuff, but i would like to know were some you pros get your stuff and nudge me in the right direction. Thanks!

·
FNG
68 Posts
show us a pic, might give a little better idea of where to start. you mentioned nothing about bodywork, suspension, controls, etc. just off the top of my head, i'd say make it run first, then roll, then looks. salvage yards and independent shops are often better at coming up with oddball stuff, aftermarket goodies, and obsolete parts. of course i would do absolutely nothing without clean paper first.
bb7

·
Registered
740 Posts
There's several bike salvage yards that list their stuff on ebay (Pinwall is a big one), but they usually want top dollar prices. Not the best choice if you're on a budget, though simply messaging the seller and throwing out an offer works more than you might think, especially if it's been listed for a long time. You can get lucky and find single bargain priced parts though.

Bike specific forums can be a good resource also. Most forums that aren't full of kids/squids arguing about what motor oil is better or which color Icon vest is in fashion this season have a couple "gurus" that have extensive parts collections and are willing to sell or exchange parts for reasonable prices.

·
Fighterin' an FZ6
28 Posts
I have a ton of stuff left over from a previous project.
It was an 04.
PM me what you need and I'll have a look and
See what I still have kicking around.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.