Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Birmingham, AL Gs500
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, for those who followed Comiccharlie's gs500 build, I have purchased the bike now and on my way finishing it up! He has already done tons of mods to the bike. His build forum link: http://www.customfighters.com/forums/showthread.php?t=30723
I purshased it and he wanted to see it finished and I promised him I would. It didnt run when I got, just had to clean out the cards and install a new cdi. Ran great but had to swap the sprockets out, it had a 15 tooth upfront and 47 on the rear! Top end was horrible 55mph and sounded like the motor hated me. Stock sprockets were 16 and 39, so had a 17 and 39 put on yesterday and waiting to pick up the bike! Hope I dont have to get off and push the bike from 1st gear. I have made some mods of my own and I am just updating everyone who was following the build which has been in the making for 5 or 6 years I think. More pictures to come of my mods.

This is a before and after when he had it, major mods!

And this is when i got it from him and had it paint and lots more, will post more photos of my mods.

·
Birmingham, AL Gs500
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks man! I can't credit for much of the work. I was checking your bike out earlier. this gs has some Ducati parts. I think the Ducati monster seat, rear seat cover, and a modified muffler.

·
Registered
4,653 Posts
Welcome to CF....... Go glad to see a members bike got sold sold to someone who cares

·
Fast ZX-12R
17,522 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Great looking bike.

Reactions: oldrider

·
Bitches love Fighters
5,325 Posts
welcome in. glad this project stayed here with us. love this bike.

Reactions: oldrider

·
197 Posts
Really made me wish I had kept the bike when you sent me the pics last week. Hopefully I'll have time, money and mainly room to build another bike soon. Did you contour the front of the seat to better match the lines on the tank? That was on my to do list too.

·
Birmingham, AL Gs500
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Picked up the bike today w/ the new sprockets installed, 17 and 39. Bought them off Amazon and they were there in 2 days! And they were only $37.

What cant you buy of Amazon now LOL. I was going to test it out on the Hwy to see what new speeds she had now, but as soon as I pulled out of the shop garage it started raining!:wtf: So I went straight to the condo, the shop is only 5 blocks away and really did get out of 2nd gear. But the optimism I had w/ it going to be hard on the bike taking off from a dead stop in 1st gear went away. The motor did good, no stalling out or having to rev it up to get going if any of that makes sense. Tomorrow! Hopefully tomorrow will bring better weather and I will see what new top speed she has!

·
Premium Member
20,726 Posts
Welcome to CF Austin! Between the two of you guys, that's a SIIIICK bike!! Repped you both! :D

·
Birmingham, AL Gs500
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Really made me wish I had kept the bike when you sent me the pics last week. Hopefully I'll have time, money and mainly room to build another bike soon. Did you contour the front of the seat to better match the lines on the tank? That was on my to do list too.
GOOD EYE! Yes I did, after I had it painted, the seat and tank mismatch lines showed up bad, so I took a dremel and trimmed the RT and LT edges to match it up little by little. Turned out great! Ill post b4 and after photos.

·
Birmingham, AL Gs500
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
nice color, nice bike buy and welcome in, what part of bama you in, we have a few bham cf'ers on here
Thank you! I live downtown bham on the southside, block away from 5 points. I have yet to meet any riders here or heard anything about meet ups. Any info?

·
Birmingham, AL Gs500
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
@cosmiccharlie, where can I find these?

I think they might look good if painted the same color of the tank.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts