Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys. new dude here looking to finally make my own fighter. I always hated crotch rockets and all there plastic and have always loved the naked or street fighter style and look. used to have a buell xb12s and a buell 1125r and a zrx1200r. but picked up a mint 08zx10r and wanting to strip it down and let the goodies show. going to do a lsl type of bar conversion to it but not sure what to do with the gauges and head light. I really want to do a 03-06 z1000 head light set up and figure a way to mount it and the gauges. have found some threads were others before me have done it but cannot find how its mounted and what to do with the ram air as well as coolant over flow and what ever else looks ugly hanging there once the plastics are removed. any help or fyi's or threads would be much appreciated. thanks in advance Ray.

Attachments

·
Registered
269 Posts
Welcome... there's a couple zx10s here, so search around here if you haven't.

Z1000 might be kind of hard to find... at least cheap.
My 3 favorite headlights are Z1000, MT03, and a Vrod light... with Buell-ish lights highly dependent on the bike/style.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I agree on the price it's Pretty steep. Product and reviews seem great. Debating on getting universal bar risers and just drilling my factory triple and finding longer brake lines and bars.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Nice bike, I started with the same (in green). LSL makes top notch products, they're just a little pricey though.

Sent from Motorcycle.com App
Did you run the lsl on your fighter?? Also how did you mount the gauge cluster?? I have been looking on eBay at there "street fighter" head lights. Very cheap under $100 and seem easy enough to make up some mounting brakets for them. This is all new territory for me so with the help of you guys and just going for it hope I can come up with a clean out come

·
hate us cuz they ainus
1,827 Posts
Did you run the lsl on your fighter?? Also how did you mount the gauge cluster?? I have been looking on eBay at there "street fighter" head lights. Very cheap under $100 and seem easy enough to make up some mounting brakets for them. This is all new territory for me so with the help of you guys and just going for it hope I can come up with a clean out come
nooooooo not the acribis or what ever theyre called crap. you get banned around here if you put em on your bike......no j/k but you wont like em and you will take some shit guaranteed

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
nooooooo not the acribis or what ever theyre called crap. you get banned around here if you put em on your bike......no j/k but you wont like em and you will take some shit guaranteed
Haha I'm not sure on the name of it. Almost looks like a gen 2 z1000 set up but made ofcheap Chinese crap blow molded plastic... thanks for the heads up on it. Not sure on a head light set up yet I want. Can't find any z1000 set ups unless bought new for the price of two arms and your first born child! ;)

·
ZX10Rider
91 Posts
I ran the LSL 7" headlight and made a bracket to mount my gauge cluster from the under side of my top clamp (learned from the forum here). I kept my ignition in the stock position therefore the gauge is off-Center to the right. I'm use to it now. The headlight blocks some of the wind so the gauge is still steady at high speed. All in all I think it worked out well. Tons of info and ideas on this site...

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

1 - 13 of 13 Posts