Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yea i know she's not the prettiest but I left the other forums over the condescension not all of us are professionals you gotta start somewhere and this is where I'm at. Anyone know what size pods I need for this? It's a 1981 Yamaha xj550 Seca. Trying to replace the filters that are on it now..
Tire Wheel Land vehicle Plant Fuel tank

·
|||||||||||||||||||||||||
30,648 Posts
Dude! That bike looks great! I'd love to have a bike like that. You should see my shit hole!

I don't know anything about pods, but I would take them off and measure and start looking. Looks like CK got you hooked up though.

Welcome aboard! Where are you? Looks California-ish. Sacramento?

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Dude! That bike looks great! I'd love to have a bike like that. You should see my shit hole!

I don't know anything about pods, but I would take them off and measure and start looking. Looks like CK got you hooked up though.

Thank you for real the other sites shit on her. Like I told the other im a recovering heroin addict of 10 years i just want a healthy hobby andni love my bike even of they say its shitty man...

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

And i am originally from Indiana central but I now live in Concord, North Carolina just north of charlotte!

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Welcome aboard. We don't discriminate. Bike looks good

According to their fitment guide it's these

Emgo Air Filter 54mm - Parts Giant

But it looks like some discussion about 51 vs 52 mm over here

Pod Filter size for xj550
Yea that's the thing so should am i okay to put cone pods on or do my carbs need stacks?
Welcome aboard. We don't discriminate. Bike looks good

According to their fitment guide it's these

Emgo Air Filter 54mm - Parts Giant

But it looks like some discussion about 51 vs 52 mm over here

Pod Filter size for xj550
Do i need stacks or cones okay?

·
CAPTAIN AWESOME®
30,529 Posts
And i am originally from Indiana central but I now live in Concord, North Carolina just north of charlotte!
100% no joke. I lived in Kannapolis from 2011 to 2018

Yea that's the thing so should am i okay to put cone pods on or do my carbs need stacks?

Do i need stacks or cones okay?

Either or. Just remember the bigger surface area may require jetting changes. Just throw a caliper on the carb throat and there's your size. Just need to worry about how crowded the carbs are as that other link sounded like they were pretty tight

Like Yan said, I'd go for some foam jobs. Easier to keep clean and tune

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

Either or. Just remember the bigger surface area may require jetting changes. Just throw a caliper on the carb throat and there's your size. Just need to worry about how crowded the carbs are as that other link sounded like they were pretty tight

Now when i throw the caliper on there do i measure the low spot or the high lip i would assume the low spot cause that's what clamp will actually sit on correct? And the make foam cones? Or a similar shape or sonething? Any suggestions on a brand or type?

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·

Dude kannapolis is super close lol that's crazy did you move out of state?

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Welcome to CF, Toast. ✌

Bike looks good, man. Looks like you've already got a sort of pod filter on there. I reckon you could get some measurements off those to help you size up against other brands.
Like i said I'm a moron burnt to many brain cells doing drugs you're right I can and will provided the previous owner put the right size on there🤣🤣🤣🤣

1 - 20 of 31 Posts