Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone I own a 95 ninja zx9r. Right fairing flew off the bike while riding in heavy winds, and going to fast......So I stripped her down. And shaved plastics on front of bike. future plans are to hide wires. all tubing for radiator and such will be blue. Blue rear sprocket and chain. Wheels painted Blue. New headlight assembly when bank account permits it. Maybe a blue cage installed.

Biggest issue I have now is getting rid of intake rubber. It's forced air so not sure of a solution at this point in time. Maybe someone on here could give a noob a clue.

Thanks for the looking. She's a big ole beast but she's my big ole beast and I still enjoy riding her every day :D

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Also removed coolant overflow res. and ran tube up and down to leak out bottom when needed. also want straight handlebars.blue clutch and brake levers shortys. blue brake lines. and blue grips. basically going for black with blue accents and blue led lights make it pop!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
All new fluids in bike. Cleaned out carbs and its bored to about 1050cc plan on rebuilding transmission it feels like its missing teeth in 2nd gear. It's straight piped now but I do have carbon fiber muffler I can put on it. all new brakes. previous owner did not take care of her. So I'm reworking it and keeping up on maintenance. also need fork seals and mono shock.

·
Premium Member
50,498 Posts
All new fluids in bike. Cleaned out carbs and its bored to about 1050cc plan on rebuilding transmission it feels like its missing teeth in 2nd gear. It's straight piped now but I do have carbon fiber muffler I can put on it. all new brakes. previous owner did not take care of her. So I'm reworking it and keeping up on maintenance. also need fork seals and mono shock.
common fault with the earlier zx9s',worn dogs .Gonna need a bit of attention anda few new bits in yer tranny mate .Tha later ones was designed a wee bit better and dont have that issue .Lookin forward to seein yer work in tha member project bikes section(I hope ya do a thred there ;)) .

Welcom in and enjoy:D

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for looking. I will post in build section. Hopefully nobody gets impatient with me project will take a good 4 or 5 months. Got a newborn in the house that comes first

·
hate us cuz they ainus
1,827 Posts
Im on my phone or I would give you a link but google zx9 ram air mod and youll find tons of info about deleting the airbox tubes

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Haha i like my old bike its fully paid for and still runs strong. Most of my friends have r6s and my old beast keeps up fine except on cornering

1 - 9 of 9 Posts