Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey now,thought I better say HI.I"m here gathering info for a naked bike.I dont think what I"m after is called a fighter by your standards,i have a 06 gixxer 1000.gonna strip that bitch.parts list so far,pro taper gold fat bars,brp clamps,+3 brake lines,mini screen from acerbis.bar end mirrors,+2 rear sprocket.your thoughts on what else I may need welcomed.thanks Russell.:nuts:

·
ADAM FAN CLUB PRESIDENT
12,319 Posts
welcome to the site, sound like you got the right idea dude,stret fighters is usualyy defined as a custom bike with no plastic,but if you look around the site youll find pics of some wild ass fighters.and feel free to enter our fighter build off,weve got smart people here to help you if you have any questions

·
(cheers smiley goes here)
4,286 Posts
New here ??
Whell then, welcome here :pwas:
We got several folks wit gixxers, look through some garage pics and you'll get some great idias :cfcartman:

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the warm welcome.I do have some questions,I will try to put them in the right thread......OH I do see the search function.

·
The Soft Serve Enigma
16,719 Posts
lol, more than fast enough for what I need! And I can still hang with the boys at the track, no issue.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
slight change in plans.I decided to go with a lsl topyoke instead of drilling my stock yoke.I just found out today it wont be in till the end of the month.:mad: If Im gonna do it ,may as well go first class, RIGHT?I dont want to end up with a piece of shit.I will take pics as I progress.:cfrocks:

·
Abministrator
10,687 Posts
byetwins said:
slight change in plans.I decided to go with a lsl topyoke instead of drilling my stock yoke.I just found out today it wont be in till the end of the month.:mad: If Im gonna do it ,may as well go first class, RIGHT?I dont want to end up with a piece of shit.I will take pics as I progress.:cfrocks:
Welcome to the site, I'm glad ya found us!

As far as the LSL goes, a lot of people are very happy with them, as I'm sure you will be too! Good luck, and keep us posted! :rock:

·
Eff Tee Pee
29,631 Posts
russel if your LSL kit is on backorder...FULLTHROTTLE INC makes a nice setup that even has room for a GPR steering damper under the risers...

fyi.

btw. welcome to the site! thanks for signing up! I LOVE to see new gixxers naked. be sure to check out the WINTER BUILDOFF. if your gonna be doing it anyway. might as well enter!

http://www.customfighters.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2239

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
929_adam said:
russel if your LSL kit is on backorder...FULLTHROTTLE INC makes a nice setup that even has room for a GPR steering damper under the risers...

I checked at fullthrottle first,stand up guy,that one.real nice to deal with,but my 06 model has not been made yet,so he would need my top yoke,several weeks and about 600.00 bucks for time and material.so I went lsl.His work looks very nice,well worth the money I'M sure.:cfrocks:

·
Eff Tee Pee
29,631 Posts
well be sure to keep us posted on what you end up with. and post some pics as well!

:rock:

1 - 20 of 22 Posts