Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
craptastic
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got refered to this site by my friend Kilby (guy with the other xj600). I was super excited to find a US site that didn't require a translator program that loves to crash my computer.

Bike Specs:

96 Yamaha XJ600 rescued bike (PO thrashed it and rattle canned it yellow) Bike had been down a few times cracking all body worK. All mods so far cosmetic (I do love engine swaps :evilred: ). Bates style twin headlamps, scrapped all fairings. Chopped seat into single seater. Hand made new tail. Chopped rear fender and relocated signals. Dirt bars. Cateye barend mirrors. Sigma 1200 bicycle computer for speed/distance.

Future mods:

FZR rear wheel to accomodate 160 aspect tire to replace 130. FZR fork and master cylinder to upgrade to dual brakes and stiffen up front end. +2 rear sprocket. Single Seat subframe ALA Blade Rod style (anyone in North Carolina know about DOT laws regarding this?) or graft on Triumph Speed Triple subframe and tail. Cram some engine that's not suppossed to be there into it.

·
Eff Tee Pee
29,666 Posts
welcome to the site Sin3kal! i've seen you lurking a couple times. glad your posting!

high five for posting pics in your first thread :metal:

:cfrocks:

·
craptastic
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the welcome guys. Yup, just gotta pull out the angle grinder (full on shadetree) and get to the point of "well, can't undo THAT"

·
the mad doctor
3,399 Posts
welcome! where in NC are you? the laws in NC are alot more relaxed than they are here in VA, i don't think you'd have any issues with anything like what you're talking about doing.

haelo said:
Like the tail. Sheet metal?
i like it too. looks like a windscreen from a sportbike to me though.

·
Function IS Form
19 Z900, 88 Kat11
17,434 Posts
Ah, I might do one out of aluminum in the near future. Fiberglass just confuses the hell out of me.

·
craptastic
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I'm in Asheville, NC. Wouldn't think the laws would be too strict. See plenty of doorless unfendered 4x4s running around. But....LEOs don't seem to like sport bikes as much around here.

·
(cheers smiley goes here)
4,286 Posts
Welcome to the site bro :ninja: :ninja: :ninja: :cfrocks:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts