Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
whats up everybody, im new here obviously. i just picked up an 81 suzuki gs750 for real cheap.. low miles, but stock.. veryyyyy stock. im hoping to go fighter with it, i just started at Rick's Motorcycles, not sure if anyone knows them but their link is http://ricksmotorcycles.com/home.htm so im thinkin this will help to get my hands on some parts (they have an unbelievable amount of parts and parts bikes). anyways im pretty new to the scene so any suggestions for starting out etc would be great. thanks guys

ps theres a lot of great lookin bikes on this site, great job everyone

·
Function IS Form
19 Z900, 88 Kat11
17,434 Posts
Welcome to Custom Fighters :knucks:

Post pics and tell us what about the bike you don't like or would want to change. Got welding experience? Wrenching? Electrical?
We'll give you ideas but we need pictures to really make an impact :D

·
OLD GUY's RULE
4,642 Posts
WELCOME TO the MADNESS>>>>>As for mods Unitec makes a Zed But tail section that would look killer on your bike.
Or look for a stock 900 Z tail.
USD front ends are everywhere now.
Swingarm and wheel swap. Your bike has loads of potential.

·
The Soft Serve Enigma
16,719 Posts
Ricks make some wicked shit...the Fat Tire Buell, the Super Streetbike Project busa, the General Lee turbo 1K...the CBR900XX is my favourite, I love that bike.

·
The Soft Serve Enigma
16,719 Posts
Nah...it's a Gixxer 1000 Turbo, frame and swingarm powder coated black (although extended, it looks killer). Also has solid wheels and a General Lee paint scheme. I think they did a killer job.

·
Eff Tee Pee
29,647 Posts
GSFIGHTER WELCOME TO THE SITE!!

yep. definately heard of ricks. they build up some pretty trick bikes up there. love to support my local builders!!

im sure they'll be helpful in customizing your bike. they do a lot of dif. bikes. check out their recent buell they built, gross!

·
fighter transplant in NC
14,319 Posts
hers a stock pic I found.

start with a new front end. USDs would be nice. I seem to remember that allot of gs, gsx, and gixxers are straight swap... might wanna check on that.

new headlight setup would be cool, lots of options here. double rounds would be nice.

the rear end desperatly needs some attention/ I would do a swinnger swap ASAP, either go with a more modern bike modded to take dual shocka or go all out and do a monoshock conversion.
if you want to keep the duals then at least upgrade them with somthing more modern. maybe from a kawi ZRX

I would love to see a gs or cb wit bual rear shocks and a stubby seat setup. that would be badass.

gonna have to do something with that seat. like I said, a stubby single seat would be cool

·
Function IS Form
19 Z900, 88 Kat11
17,434 Posts
Smaller gauges, dirtbike bars, and remounting the headlight lower would make the front look nice and brutal.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
hey guys, thanks for all the welcomes. as for the bike, yea thats exactly what it looks like.

ricks is great, they do some amazing bikes, and they have an unbelievable amount of used parts, all in house.

as for the general lee, the new owner has been hangin around the shop fixin the bike up for this weekend's test and tune. he was riding it around today in the parking lot, the thing is just mean. the turbo sounds amazing spooling up. driving by the shop at about 55, he ripped the throttle and the tire went up in smoke with no hesitation. its one hell of a machine.

thanks for the info guys, im in a rush right now but ill get back on here soon and chat.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
ok im back, time to answer some questions and comments..

haelo - thanks for the welcome.. welding is my life, so id better be good at it haha. im also good with wrenching, as far as electrical im good with basics but im going to need to expand my knowledge.

mrbodydrop, ab420, katana john, endo - thanks for the welcomes.

929 adam - thanks for the welcome, i noticed youre from mass, whereabouts? i grew up in lowell and e boston. and they buell is amazing, sitting right in front of the counter, i get stuck drooling over it all the time, you should hear the thing.

the general lee, like i said, is also unreal. john, the owner of rick's (along with bj) took it down the strip a couple times last season in a similar trim than the way it is now and ran a 9.5 @ 115mph on 10psi for the first run, and a crazy 9 seconds flat @ 123mph i believe on the second run. the new owner took the bike to the test session at the track today to see how it would hook up, althought i wasnt able to make it im sure ill be updated tomorrow.

thanks for the info again guys, im lookin forward to getting started on my new project. ill try and get some pics up sometime this week.

·
DIZZLE
1,446 Posts
I love the gs series. I was just looking at my old 1981 gs55oe that I gave to my dad. It needs a new starter so I have to order one for him. Had lots of plans for it, but I was itching for something a little newer and felt I deserved a small grad school present to myself. If you run into problems their is a great gs forum 2. Although I am new to the site, Welcome.

·
Registered
2,118 Posts
gsfighter check out my old gs 1100 fighter, the thread is old school noobie!!! the complete build is no the gs resources. search for the tribal gs

1 - 18 of 18 Posts