Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey i just got registered and im hopeing for some advise from you vets. My bike is a 1986 yamaha radian, its not the fastest bike in the world but good enough for me right now. im only 17 so i dont want to kill myself. but i would like to make it a little more spunky and cool, but this bike isnt exsactly the hot spot for aftermarket parts. ill have some pics up in the next few weeks thanks.

·
Eff Tee Pee
29,634 Posts
WELCOME TO THE SITE YOUNG LAD!!!

glad you could join us, and you def. picked the right place to get info and help building.

post up some pics asap...otherwise:

:ttiwwop:

we'll hook you up buddy!

·
Perpetual Project
3,695 Posts
Cool bike, welcome to the site!

I'd say the first thing to update the bike is a new headlight, a single or dual round light would be a good improvement. Looks like a good learner bike, we were all there one time or another.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Thats a awful nice big to go hacking into. With that said how about taking a hacksaw to the tail and bobbing it. You could also hack off the reflectors.

·
fighter transplant in NC
14,319 Posts
where you from?

did you say you already converted to clipons? if not that would look good.

I love old yamis. I'd say chop the rear fender first, then drop the forks through the tripple trees a little to give it a more aggressive stance. then go for new headlights. dual rounds would look sick.

short stalk blinkers and bar end mirror would do allot for the bike too

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks, Im from Maine in New England in case you guys didnt know, and yes i did put some clipons with a little bit of a rise to them on, and i already sliped the triple clamp down about an 1" for the bars.
I looked at just takeing the entire rear fender right off, but i need some of it their to hold the rear light on. So i guess i will have to hack it off, but what should i do with the licence plate?
And i have just about anything you would ever need in a garage except a mig welder but i can braze stuff.
any sugestions on where to find the lights???
thanks

·
fighter transplant in NC
14,319 Posts
aztec 8 makes a good headlight kit. probably the best value I'd say

http://aztec8.com/index.html

or you can go the cheap route like I did and get a set of driving lights from walmart and fabricate a bracket for them, then wire them so low beam is just one light and high beam is both lights.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts