Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Super Moderator
3,021 Posts
I've been to both events numerous times. The VMD seems to be mainly 1950's-early 80's bikes so I think we'd be out of place there. Superbike weekend have a lot more sportbikes but about 98% of them are all covered in shipping wrappers, but I think CF will fit in a bit better. Maybe we can get some converts at Superbike weekend. Just my $0.02.

Later, Doug

·
GURU of da poo poo
5,717 Posts
It's important that we don't splinter the family. Seems like most people want to have a party at the stardust.

·
Super Moderator
3,021 Posts
It's important that we don't splinter the family. Seems like most people want to have a party at the stardust.
I wasn't around the site when the idea of the original FF first started but my take on FF was to get members together and show off the streetfighter genre to other motorcyclists. That's why it's held at a motorcycle event and not a bar/club. Maybe I'm all wrong..:confused:

Later, Doug

·
Yut-Ughhh
1,651 Posts
I'm ALL FOR having CF parties and really wish we could get more of them going.... but as far a Fighter Fest, I would think it kind of belongs at a motorcycle event where the-
"Goal: Promote streetfighters to the custom motorcycle scene in America."
can better happen.
Again I am totally all about having something to ourselves like the stardust and just having a damn good time. Heck having FF at the SBK is the weekend prior to the normal weekend of FF, so then could also have CF Party at the stardust as originally planned.

·
Premium Member
4,596 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I agree that it is to be a motorcycle event.

The question is: Is it big enough to let it stand alone at say the stardust or do we still need to promote thru other venues?

There are 2 parts that are important to FF
1. That we showcase the talents of the builders and the bikes and by doing that promote the scene/genre
2. Give the people of the site a chance to come out and meet the people that they have had an online relationship.

·
GURU of da poo poo
5,717 Posts
I don't know what we should or shouldn't do. Karn's offered to hold a "show" an free dyno runs or us. If a bunch of my fighter family got together at the stardust and the rest in Ohio I know personally I'd miss the guys/girls at the event I didn't go to. FF is my one chance to see friends from all over the country and I'd hate to lose that.

·
CF Pitbull
1,477 Posts
FF was born and raised in PA. A location that is reachable by many of the original FF fam and whoever wants to make a first time appearance this year. The fairgrounds are fun and all but the truth is..The real fun,bullshitting,partying etc etc go down at the hotel. We have been given a huge area to F around with little to no consequence for acting like a bunch of fools all night long. We had a good turn out last year and I would hope to see the numbers climb this year rather than drop off. A few tents set up down in Big MAMA's field and we got ourselves a StreetFighter show. We can venture out and do some riding for a change. Hit up some of the local watering holes and other random places. FF is to support a style and movement,but its also where I get to see my friends once a year.I think if you are gonna start planning a new spot for FF now is the time for sure..But not for 2014
Leave 2014 in PA. If anything plan a year out for a change of location giving everyone enough time to add their 2cents and make arraignments to get there. I don't know about anyone else but I had a blast last year! If anything I think we should start planning more than one get together leaving PA as our primary. Who's to say they won't just take a year off and get stuff going again in 2015? idk
just my 2cents on the matter.
I'll be at the Dust if ya need me

·
ShamanFighter
22,340 Posts
ill be at the BootLeg Dust Fighter Fest.
but i get my Third week of vacation this year as a 7 year slave. so i might be able to squeeze a trip to wherever if need be.

Reactions: DannyChaos

·
GURU of da poo poo
5,717 Posts
I agree that it is to be a motorcycle event.

The question is: Is it big enough to let it stand alone at say the stardust or do we still need to promote thru other venues?

There are 2 parts that are important to FF
1. That we showcase the talents of the builders and the bikes and by doing that promote the scene/genre
2. Give the people of the site a chance to come out and meet the people that they have had an online relationship.
How many actual "Custom Fighters"(bikes not members) were there last year? I'm guilty of not bringing one, best guess is you'll be guilty this coming year. If the "goal" is to promote fighters, people, all of us, need to have fighters.

I also think that a large part of the "core" group from FF is more interested in having the party than anything else.

·
CF Pitbull
1,477 Posts
Don't get me wrong, I have the time available to me to travel wherever. I also don't have an issue packing up a vehicle or bike at the drop of a hat and leaving. I just think if we are going to turn some of our 3 hour trips into 8,9 and 10 hour trips we should all be on board with where we're going and all on the same page with how it's going to go down.
Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
0.o i didn't do it
1,892 Posts
Danny has hit it on the head pretty well. If Ohio is to be a new location for FF I'm cool with that, seeing some racing is a plus along with other stuff. I'm still game for the star dust this year but also interested in Ohio...definitely next year. I'll be where ever when ever if a new spot is chosen.

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

·
Registered
239 Posts
Mid Ohio would be a fun event but we would basically just be other spectators am I right? A streetfighter show of some sort would be cool, but I think the main issue is having a place we can all hangout, be ourselves and act reasonably stupid without problems. The stardust seemed to be a hit, and If Karns is willing to let us do a small bike show im all for it. We could do a ride before/after as well... maybe ride somewhere,eat, and ride back to the hotel. I think im the closest, I coud scout out a route.

·
FAT IS THE NEW SKINNY!!!!
3,036 Posts
I think mid ohio for either event would be a great back drop for fighter fest. I do love getting together with all you guys and that seems to be the main focus for all of us. With that being said I feel like not making the effort to bring homegrown fighters to showcase to masses of bike enthusiasts is almost like accepting defeat. If there is a better more centralized place to have it in the Northeast I am all ears but I have lost sleep for a week brainstorming at night. I will be at barber this year and the stardust and mid ohio and wherever the fuck we decide to meet up.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Fast ZX-12R
17,522 Posts
I think Ohio would be a good place. It's closer to the middle of the country and I think we would have a better turn out because members farther west that wouldn't make the trek to PA. might come to Ohio. I know you East coast guys are a little spoiled.....:D... But I really think it would be better for all involved.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts