Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 64 Posts

· HipsterKillerGarage
7,050 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
1992 750

23K miles.

Bought it for $600.00.

Needs a C.D.I...so I ordered a replacement and it came straight away.

Got it home and pulled off all the frat boy covers, and was pretty happy to see the condition of everything underneath. Good deals.

Spent a little time picking a tail... ended up going with a unit from Ziomek954RR on here.

It's a really nice simple unit that fits the bike awesome.

Got to chopping the subframe off and figuring out the angle of the tail for sure before I get to making a new subframe.

After looking at it for a bit, I decided to waterjet out some parts for a subframe instead of going full tube on it.

Got a little brake press work to do to get the subframe ready to weld up, but I'll update as I go.

Questions or comments completely welcome doodz.

· Registered
264 Posts

Got a little brake press work to do to get the subframe ready to weld up, but I'll update as I go.

Questions or comments completely welcome doodz.
Looks like a good start. What CAD package did you use to draw the part?

· HipsterKillerGarage
7,050 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
For simple water jet stuff I just use Solidworks, output as .dxf for the flowjet.

For CNC mill/lathe I usually export from SW to MASTERCAM for tooling, or just draw straight from MasterCAM.

· Super Moderator
3,303 Posts
I can't find not one GSXR oiler for a project less than $2000. I'm just having the hardest time finding any that are viable projects for fighter makeover.

Mine's for sale for less than $2k but it's a 750cc. :p

Btw, interested in this project as well.

Later, Doug

· Littering And...........
1,086 Posts
Mine's for sale for less than $2k but it's a 750cc. :p
Believe me I KNOW! You're right about 6 hours away from me so i'd make the drive. But I do not have that much monies to be throwing away right now. I mainly just enjoy complaining about the ridiculous prices i see these bikes fetching for nowadays. makes me die a little inside.

· HipsterKillerGarage
7,050 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
The mounts I was planning for the lamp would look stupid, so those are scratched.

Gonna go a different route instead.

I'll update tomorrow. Gonna do some round bar mounts.

· HipsterKillerGarage
7,050 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Unfortunately, no.

The new lamp is a bit wider on the mounts than I thought it was going to be.

I *might* look into cutting off the stock mounts and printing new mounts that can be bolted to the stock lamp mount body, at which point, the idea WOULD still work... but I have an idea of how I could use some round bar to form out a mount set, and then weld in a piece.

Could still do the Suzuki "S" on it too. haha

1 - 20 of 64 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.