Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Angry Northerner
324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thought I'd share this on here as it's pretty relevant. :) I quit my job last week to go and work for a friend who builds & fits sidecars here in the UK. :party-smiley: He's been in business for around 7 years on his own and regularly turns work away, so, he's gonna take me on, teach me how to weld and show me how to fabricate everything needed to make sidecars.

He built this monster a couple of years ago for a guy who's son is wheelchair bound. The lad is in an electric wheelchair so needed something suitable that would give him access in that. The sidecar has a built-in ramp that allows him to drive his wheelchair straight in so it can be strapped down to the floor. The whole thing was built from scratch. :rock:

I have to do a month's notice in my present job, which is a real pisser (especially cos I fucking hate it!) but then I'm doing this. It's an amazing opportunity as he's looking at giving up work in about 5 years or so and hopes I'll take over the business from him. :)

I'm super excited. It also means that I'll get the chance to build my own stuff, which will include a SF of some sort! (Goes without saying, dunnit?! :metal:)

·
Super Moderator
5,659 Posts
Super jealous! I sometimes dream of quitting my job as a trucker and starting a wheeler dealers type business with my buddy, he's a diehard salesman but not that mechanically skilled, and I'm on the other hand the Edd China of the pair. Maybe some day when there's less debt and some buffer on the account to survive the slow times that inevitably comes, which would be the perfect time to work on my own projects...

Reactions: eccles291
1 - 5 of 5 Posts