Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner

Thoughts

• Trying to find a place for wiring harness...

Votes: 1 50.0%
  • Need not-oem gauges

Votes: 2 100.0%
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
2wheeldeal
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Been skimming through the site for a week or 2 and figured I would make it official. My name is Nathan Im making my first streetfighter out of my 89 cbr600. I bought the bike to fix it up but decided I would rather make it what I wanted it to be (and I was missing the lower fairing so now I dont have to buy it). Born in Connecticut, currently live in Tennessee. Been riding for about 11 years, dirt, street whatever. Well Im no good at these bios so I think that will suffice.
starting out with

painted frame

headlight i bought

Opinions welcome

·
2wheeldeal
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Messed up the poll thing oh well

·
Fast ZX-12R
17,522 Posts
Welcome to CF.

Reactions: oldrider

·
time is running out......
770 Posts
welcome.

for guages you can use a droid fone if you have one. use gps and ulysses speedo app. thats what i use
ebay has wiring harness's. or you can get a wiring diagram and make your own harness. that way wires can be tucked and hidden at the same time

·
2wheeldeal
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks everyone. I do not have a droid but I have heard of the gps setup. Im not sure how accurate they are though are they pretty close? I was thinking about just slimming the wiring harness down a little bit and trying to hide the rest under the tank or something. Just nervous about getting them to close to the engine and melting through it.

Reactions: oldrider

·
2wheeldeal
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Anybody have any opinion on the headlight? Im not sure if I like the looks or not. I thought about painting it flat black but I cant bring myself to paint over such beautiful chrome :D

·
Fooking old git
2,216 Posts
Hi Nate, sorry but I think you could do better with the light

·
2wheeldeal
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yeah I got the light on ebay. I thought it would look different than it does. Ill get a different one down the road when I figure out the look for the rest of the bike

·
Premium Member
20,726 Posts
Welcome to the 'mad-house' Nathan! Liked your intro, so I repped ya! ;)

Reactions: willington38

·
2wheeldeal
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks, still figuring stuff out on here but im getting there :fish4rep:

·
Just a Squirrel
185 Posts
welcome in. these are fun bikes to work on... i have a 90. removing the fairings causes it to run very rough at anything over like 35. so to fix this issue there is a line in the middle of the carbs.... it runs to a little box with what sould be a foam filter.... but that line needs to run in to the air box. i ran mine to under the filter to keep it from having debris getting in there. but this air box mod will help.... alot. mine would actually stall if i pulled the clutch driving down the highway... very lean condition. but after doing this it runs alot better.
if you want the full write up here it is
http://www.customfighters.com/forums/showthread.php?t=59609&highlight=f1+ramair
the #3 post is by Mustpha dump, and he explains what is happening and the reason this mod works.

·
2wheeldeal
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Yeah I have heard people say that they have problems with that but I dont recall ever having any issue with it. I have taken it on a lot of "test rides" but not very far since Ive never had it registered. I have done well over 35 :rock: without any noticable problem but like I said Ive never ridden it for any extended period of time. Someone before me drilled holes in the top of the airbox maybe that helps with the problem? When I get her back on the road I will see if the problem arrises and if it does, now I have a solution :excellent: thanks

1 - 16 of 16 Posts