Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Swamp Witch
6,239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This guy makes a couple of very nice custom parts specifically for the Blast. Recently he came up with a new idea for rearsets. They look stock, and they retain the passenger pegs, and they use all stock Buell parts, so finding replacement parts is not an issue. And they're only $250 (but you'll have to buy the Xb shifter setup, around $100 or so)

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Buel...ies?hash=item1e580a13af&_trksid=p4506.c0.m245

I have his "superboot" on my bike and it's very high quality.

·
Operation Sketchy At Best
2,237 Posts
i dont like em, ill just spend the extra 150 bux and be done with it. No welding, no buying extra parts, sometimes my sanity it worth that 150 extra. but this is my .02

·
Swamp Witch
6,239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Those look better than stock Blast sets?

They're ugly as fuck, lol
Nah, the stock ones look better than this. I agree that these are not exactly attractive. These are the stock Y-frames, cut down and the pegs and mc relocated. It's a good option though for people who don't want to spend $500 on rearsets and/or want to retain the passenger pegs. I'm sure he'll sell a bunch of them.

But if you really want a nice set of rearsets for the Blast, the Banke ones look and work the best (and are adjustable) and they offer replacement parts. My bike has the Crossroads rearsets, which are decent (if not the prettiest things in the world), but unfortunately there's no replacement parts available.

·
Swamp Witch
6,239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i dont like em, ill just spend the extra 150 bux and be done with it. No welding, no buying extra parts, sometimes my sanity it worth that 150 extra. but this is my .02
I totally understand. The suckiest part about going this route is actually removing the y-frames. When I took them off my bike, it took me about two hours...to remove just 3 nuts each side. They're so inaccessible that it takes forever to get them off. I don't even want to think about putting them back on again. The Banke and Crossroads rearsets on the other hand are extremely easy to take on and off. One allen wrench and a few minutes and that's it.

But anyway, I was just throwing this out there since I know there's at least a couple of other Blast owners on the forum, and you never know who might be interested.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts