Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
If in Doubt Flat Out
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everybody I'm Archie. I'm from the Scottish highlands. I've stumbled across this site while researching some mods for a gsxr400 gk71f I have sitting in my shed and was totally blown away by the work you guys have put into your bikes and has set me on the path I want to take with bikes. I have previously done a lot of car modification and work in engineering so I hope I can succesfully build a quality fighter. Gonna be taking a grinder to my gsxr soon but that is gonna be a practice project. I eventually want a bandit 1200 and wan to make it epic. Thanks in advance to all for the help I'm going to need ;)

·
If in Doubt Flat Out
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the welcome guys. Here's a couple of pics of the bike I intend to cut my teeth on. I wish I never bought it but I'm stuck with it now. Owners manuals for it are non existent as are spares. Planning a tail and front end swap. Would love to do a swing arm swap on it but it doesn't use a conventional linkage set up so could cause problems. When I got home from my work offshore I'm you g to take a grinder to it and see what I'm left with.

·
If in Doubt Flat Out
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
thanks guys really liking this forum. Ive decided I want to do a cbr600f4 as my first bike and as luck would have it Ive spotted this for £500 the guy lost the back end and slid it down the road needs a new tank exhaust and foot peg and a light. gonna go have a look and maybe do a deal for it. bought my first part for the suzuki as well and early r6 tail

·
Premium Member
50,498 Posts
perfect bike ta fightah Archie' ya got good lads up there in tha land of Scotts fer sure .CF has tha best of tha best in our ranks mate .GL with yer projects and

·
Premium Member
20,726 Posts
Welcome to CF Archie! Looking forward to seeing what you! :D

Reactions: ROBBO

·
Registered
86 Posts
Welcome from a fellow Scot (although in Glasgow). Lots of great info on here- and a lot of shite it has to be said - but just wade through it and use the resources available to help you in your quest. :cfrocks:

·
If in Doubt Flat Out
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Welcome from a fellow Scot (although in Glasgow). Lots of great info on here- and a lot of shite it has to be said - but just wade through it and use the resources available to help you in your quest. :cfrocks:
Noticed a few of us scots on here :) just been working with a few Glasgow lads and my father inlaw is Glaswegian bud. Might stick a thread up and try and find us all

1 - 15 of 15 Posts