Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
The friendly Ghost.
13,152 Posts
That looks like it would be fun at full throttle F1 car...

I've always wanted to do an open wheel race car at full speed on a city's highway system.

EDIT:

Just finished watching the video, still looks like fun despite no F1 car on highway.

·
UnicycleMode
7,562 Posts
Damn, now I want to get out the vive, hook up the wheel, and take the RUF CTR Yellowbird for a blast over the bridge at 220mph. :D

I totally forgot about this section of CF! My neighbors moved, and while they were packing up, (the dude is an arcade cabinet collector) I came home from running to the store one morning, to see a San Francisco Rush cabinet sitting out on the curb (free) so I didn't even bother unlocked the door of my house, I just went strait into the shop, grabbed my moving dolly, and walked around the corner and got the thing before someone could snag it. :D

The entire plan is to blend the massively stout clutch, brake, gas pedals, and steering system with huge force feedback motor, with the Forza edition Fanatec CSR I have. At the end of it, it'll be a full DLC content package of Forza Motorsport 4 cabinet, with force feedback that can be turned up to tear the wheel out of your hands, and then have the ability with the controls to be switched over to PC mode utilizing a VR headset for in game racing, instead of the small screen that will be fitted for the XBOX and desktop function. I've always wanted to do this but could never justify the cost of even a used SFR or Cruisin USA cabinet. The controls last decades being abused by kids in arcades, a little damper/spring upgrading on the pedals, and the steering wheel unlocked to turn 1080* will make it one of the coolest things my kid can grow up with. :D

·
Premium Member
1,757 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Damn, now I want to get out the vive, hook up the wheel, and take the RUF CTR Yellowbird for a blast over the bridge at 220mph. :D

I totally forgot about this section of CF! My neighbors moved, and while they were packing up, (the dude is an arcade cabinet collector) I came home from running to the store one morning, to see a San Francisco Rush cabinet sitting out on the curb (free) so I didn't even bother unlocked the door of my house, I just went strait into the shop, grabbed my moving dolly, and walked around the corner and got the thing before someone could snag it. :D

The entire plan is to blend the massively stout clutch, brake, gas pedals, and steering system with huge force feedback motor, with the Forza edition Fanatec CSR I have. At the end of it, it'll be a full DLC content package of Forza Motorsport 4 cabinet, with force feedback that can be turned up to tear the wheel out of your hands, and then have the ability with the controls to be switched over to PC mode utilizing a VR headset for in game racing, instead of the small screen that will be fitted for the XBOX and desktop function. I've always wanted to do this but could never justify the cost of even a used SFR or Cruisin USA cabinet. The controls last decades being abused by kids in arcades, a little damper/spring upgrading on the pedals, and the steering wheel unlocked to turn 1080* will make it one of the coolest things my kid can grow up with. :D
yeah if you can cannibalize a set of pedals to use the pots etc out of them to hook up into the wheel should make it all easy to interface.

·
UnicycleMode
7,562 Posts
yeah if you can cannibalize a set of pedals to use the pots etc out of them to hook up into the wheel should make it all easy to interface.

Funny enough, when I bought the Fanatec CSR I opted out of the crap plastic pedals in favor of the elite ones that are made of aluminum and have a load cell brake, it was pricey at the time, but so worth it. Incorporating them into the setup should just be a matter of removing the original stuff and bolting these to the cabinet.

My brother made a new shifter and wheel for the Logitec G27 he's been borrowing from me. I'll have to get some pics of it, it's all hand made from aluminum and looks and feels really good.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts