Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Started on my next project...2006 Busa with only 8500 miles on it. Some of you might have seen my R1 bike, that one is done, time to build something new lol

Stripped the Busa down, now time for some serious thinking and planning.

Before I stripped the bike down I put both bikes on the digital scales, 560lbs for the Busa, 364lbs for the R1. Got to put that Busa on a serious diet

·
fuckin genius
376 Posts
first of all, sick R1, gonna have to check that build out.

Second of all, thank god for streetfighters... I respect the Busa, stupid fast and amazing piece of machinery. The bully in the fuckin school yard, big, heavy, and all muscle... BUT I cant stand the bodywork on that bike, all rounded and lumpy. Paint it brown and you literally have 200mph turd :shootme:

Props to you brotha, cant wait to see how this one turns out.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Another big headache is the frame, it's chunky wide around the engine. Not sure yet what I do with that.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I will start on the bodywork first and see how it looks on the stock frame, if I think it looks to big then I probably cut the middle part of the frame out and make that new. Making a complete new frame is a hassle to get registered later on

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I can modify the frame and still register it as a Hayabusa, did the same with my R1, they only care about the neck part with the vin number in it. Cutting everything off and just using the neck is a last resort for now. I'm trying to keep a lot of the oem frame as it is

·
Fuck it, let's do it live
3,993 Posts
Did this ever go anywhere?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts