Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
TDWP
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Really noob question here... But where do most of you get the tails and subframes that you use in conversions? eBay? craigslist? And what is a standard price that I can expect for them both? Thanks in advance
-Ben

·
Registered
3,247 Posts
Craig's list and ebay just gotta search. I saw an R6 tail on my local CL today for $50 obo, complete with tail lights. I just picked up an R1 tail so I'm not interested, but they're out there.

·
Create Destroy Repeat
1,409 Posts
With tails and subrames there sure is a wide gammit depending on what you have stock? and what do you want?

I bought a new R1 Race tail for $150 off ebay and $130 for a custom solo seat "streetfighter" tail. Shipping was about $60 each but I'm in Canada so if it's State to State I'm sure it's less.

I just modified my stock subframe by cutting the ass end off at the seat mount cross brace. Removed the lower brace, cut it down and got someone to tig it back on shorter and at a steeper angle.

·
Fooking old git
2,216 Posts
Really noob question here... But where do most of you get the tails and subframes that you use in conversions? eBay? craigslist? And what is a standard price that I can expect for them both? Thanks in advance
-Ben

As before, I found a damaged subframe on ebay and a damaged rear seat fairing, hammer and angle grinder, filler and fibre glass, cost approx $75 with paint.

·
116 Posts
as said, there is a huge range. I was dead set on certain parts (RSV4 tail plastics and lighting), and have about $200 in those alone from scouring ebay for wreck parts. good deals are out there, but imagination is key - especially if the budget is tight!

If you have something specific in mind, I found joining 45 different webforums to find parts more helpful than ebay for price hunting.

Once the pretty bits are acquired, you have to pick 2 of three things, time, money and skill.

if you are a rider and not show bound, welds don't have to be gorgeous to be structural, and files work in place of mills. you just sacrifice that time aspect.

Good luck bud. have a blast!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts