Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Vtwin
3,945 Posts
Engines are bullet proof, go to a 155 on your main jet and a 52 pilot(if I remember correctly) the slap a gnarly slip-on to pipe, cut a 3X3 hole in the top of the airbox....it'll do wonders for it...you'll have to buy the overpriced jet kit to get the needle you'll need, the rest of the kit I found worthless because the jets that came in it weren't big enough but I bought the stage 1 FMF, maybe the stage 3 has bigger jets

If you are going to street it the long travel suspension sucks in the corners(I'm 5'11" 200lbs) I had to crank the forks and shock to the hilt to get it to stabilize when shredding corners

Don't chop on the fender, they're pretty cheap just get a new one, if ya want to go supermoto it's way cheaper to just lace up supermoto hoops on the stock hubs(yes it works great)
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Motorcycle Rim

Mine was a 2008, I put over 14,000 miles on it in 4 years with absolutely 0 problems

Shinko ravens will help it stick to the road like glue

If you go to rejet, pull the top mounting bolt on the subframe, it makes it much easier to get the carb out

Oil changes are messy, most will put a small extension on the drain plug so the oil doesn't dump into the skid plate

Congrats on the bike bro! They are a blast:)

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

Reactions: hinow41

·
I do gooD?
720 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I got the bike with a couple mods already done, The 3x3, re-jeted, 4gal clark tank, SS lines all around, Scotts damper, moose seat, suzuki gel seat, moose skid plate, TT case savers. Only things iv done to it are oil change, sprockets, air filter, hid kit and hand guards, Fun bike to ride hopefully I can stay out of trouble on it lol

·
Registered
4,653 Posts
Nice score I want 1 so bad

·
Vtwin
3,945 Posts
I wanted the FCR when I had mine but just couldn't part with the $500 to get it

If you go through ebay watch out, from what I understand the FCR has a pretty fragile(and very expensive) gasket between the upper and lower, if the PO used the wrong cleaner it will destroy that gasket and you'll be buying a very expensive doorstop

Also I just remembered the place for custom spokes is Buchanans(think that's how it's spelled) they are about $75 a set and will match any hoop to any hub

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

·
GURU
8,827 Posts
dont waste your money on a slip on. With the stock cams and stock header it just makes more noise. Save up for the MRD/ssw pipe and you will be happy. FCR carb is nice but there are some other options that are easier on the wallet too. Check tt. a lot of guys are putting bigger CV carbs on from 650 bikes and getting great results. These carbs usually go for under $200 on ebay. The FCR takes some tuning and tweaking even when you get it pre jetted from somewhere like the TT store. It is also a bit of a pain if you do a lot of tight trails on/off throttle to get right. You can load up easily with the accel pump.

They are great bikes. Only downside to an 01S model is the suspension. Suzuki when to reb/comp dampening on the S model fork in 02 and high/low speed comp dampeing on the rear shock in 02. Your bike i believe doesnt have comp adjustment on either end, just rebound.

Get an MCCT or a newer model acct on there if it hasnt been swapped yet.

Enjoy. they are fun bikes. I recently sold the SM stuff for my 02 S model(which did great on the street and on the track for me with the stock suspensions, and im too heavy for the springs in it). The SM stuff is fun but honestly save your money and spend it on mods and just run some decent dual sport tires. If you want to hit the track you need the wider 17s, but a 100% street tire will work wonders too.

looks like you already got a few nice add ons with the bike too.

·
I do gooD?
720 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks for the info. Didn't know that about people using 650 cv carbs, ill look in to the more.
suspension wise I plan on getting racetech springs in the front also re do the rear shock. i'm a big guy 6ft5 about 230 with out gear. Iv been hitting some trails and sand pits, so far I haven't bottomed out. Not riding it hard off road is all knew to me on a bike.

·
GURU
8,827 Posts
Thanks for the info. Didn't know that about people using 650 cv carbs, ill look in to the more.
suspension wise I plan on getting racetech springs in the front also re do the rear shock. i'm a big guy 6ft5 about 230 with out gear. Iv been hitting some trails and sand pits, so far I haven't bottomed out. Not riding it hard off road is all knew to me on a bike.
Before you spend any money on it, browse ebay and thumpertalk. sometimes you can luck out and score someones partouts with stiffer springs. im 200lbs and mine bottoms out on anything over about a 3-4ft drop and jumps.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts