Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Forum.

Iv been looking at getting a third bike for a while now and fancy a supermoto. I got a brief ride of a CCM R30 and by the time i got off the bike i couldnt speak for pishing myself laughing.

Literally i had tears in my eyes, so suffice to say i like them.

My problem is...........

They are Bloody extortionate, i mean £2,000 for a 5 year old KTM Duke in "OK" condition, I got a minted 600 Hornet for less than that with just 12000 miles on the clocks and over £1,000 worth of trick parts attached.

So i guess what im saying is what is the cheapest way to get a descent supermoto.

Ideally i'd like to spend no more than £2,000, and come away with a pretty good bike, i.e KTM, Husky, or an older japanese 2-stroke such as a CR-500.

Am i dreaming ?

·
Function IS Form
19 Z900, 88 Kat11
17,434 Posts
Buy a cheap dirtbike and modify hubs for street wheels to fit. May have to fit a swingarm but only if you want some ridiculously large (for a SM) wheel.

The HARD part is getting it titled, so make sure you check to see what you have to do to get an off-road vehicle titled for the street. It might be impossible in Scotland or all of the UK so don't put any money down before you do that.

·
Function IS Form
19 Z900, 88 Kat11
17,434 Posts
Easiest option is to buy a cheap dual-sport, a dirtbike that came stock with a street title. They're usually cheaper than supermotos by quite a bit. Then you just need to mount street wheels and tires.. buy a hub from the supermoto version or make a hub from another bike work.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts