Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, my name is Trevor and i'm looking to get a bit of help. I'm fairly new to streetfighter bikes love the look and always wanted one. So when i bought my 2001 honda cbr 600 f4i and noticed how shit the fairing where figured i go streetfighter. So here is where I need help i'd like to put a 7 inch round headlight on it. I've had a bit of trouble with finding a light and mount combo that is plug n play. Also I've already taken all of the fairings off the bike and i noticed that when i unplugged the headlight assembly that the bike wont start is this something that would be a problem in the future with installing headlights

This plug

·
Forearm of Steel
2,581 Posts
Do you have a manual for your bike? If not, I would suggest a Haynes: http://www.amazon.com/Haynes-Repair...466507&sr=8-1&keywords=haynes+manual+2001+f4i

Probably the best bet for your money. There are some digital copies floating around but I personally like to have the book out in the workshop. Digital that might work for you : http://www.blackbears.ru/manual/files/Honda_CBR600_F4i_01-03_Service_Manual.zip

Without knowing what wires run into your headlight assembly, it's really impossible to tell what the problem could be... Can you replicate the problem? i.e. does the bike start once you plug the assembly back in?

Also, you'll find out that streetfighters aren't plug and play, man. There's a lot of head scratching and problem solving along the way.

·
Forearm of Steel
2,581 Posts
I think i've figured it out. I checked out your wiring diagram and F4i's run what's called a "Bank Angle Sensor" and it shuts off the bike in case of a crash. There should be a white/black wire, a red/white wire, and a ground wire going to a 3 prong plug with the sensor at the end of a pigtail.

If you'd like to keep the feature, I'd recommend mounting it somehow in the same position it is right now (whether it's horizontal or vertical) somewhere near the front of the bike. You'll have to cut the wires behind the 12 wire plug and somewhere before the sensor and make the connection by solder or butt connectors.

If you don't want to keep the feature, I'd connect the wires somehow so the bike thinks the sensor is always okay... Not sure what wires you would connect together though.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
To bypass the senson, you'll need to connected the Red/White and the Green wire from the 3 prong plug.
ok i think these are the wires you're talking about

and in order for my bike to start i have to wire them together here ?

·
Forearm of Steel
2,581 Posts
yeah if you want to test it out, try plugging a wire into the red/white pin and into the green pin and start the bike.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
yeah if you want to test it out, try plugging a wire into the red/white pin and into the green pin and start the bike.
ok ill try that as soon as i get a chance do you know of anyway i could mount my speedo like the one in this video

·
Forearm of Steel
2,581 Posts
aluminum plate (1/8" is best) from local surplus shop would be best. It's cheap so you can buy a few pieces and have a couple different designs.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
aluminum plate (1/8" is best) from local surplus shop would be best. It's cheap so you can buy a few pieces and have a couple different designs.
Ok I'm confused as to how I mount the plate btw appericate all the help

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·

·
Forearm of Steel
2,581 Posts
just so you know you won't be able to plug anything into that big grey plug you have... you'll have to do some electrical work. I recommend soldering even though it's permanent. You can always unwrap and undo the solder connection.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
just so you know you won't be able to plug anything into that big grey plug you have... you'll have to do some electrical work. I recommend soldering even though it's permanent. You can always unwrap and undo the solder connection.
ok ill look into doing that right now ive got a wire plug into the pins like you said so the bike can start, rode it today and noticed my turn signals weren't working so i have a service manual in the mail so ill can figure that out. But im trying to figure out how i can hide some of wiring hidden and out of the elements. Again man help is much appericated

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
ok so when i go get the light in and mounted and such do i just attach the wires that it comes with to the matching wires on my harness ie low,high,and ground if you guys have some past threads of this i would greatly appericate this i learn the best through pics so if there are any i greatly appericate it haven't had much luck find much info anywhere else other than here

·
Forearm of Steel
2,581 Posts
Lots of info in the electrical section. Not sure what else to tell you bud, a build thread is a good place to start!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts