Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey I'm new to the board but I just finished my R6 project. I actually traded straight up, a 93 gsxr w/ 20K miles ($2000 value) for this 2004 r6 w/ 2K miles. I had all the front end/handlebar parts/lights left over from my Road Star Warrior. I was actually able to sell all the stuff I didn't need off of it and not spend a dime building it. Not bad for a total investment of $2K and a couple of weeks.

Modifications: Warrior forks, warrior trees with shaved off brackets for key/tach, warrior controls/switches, Stock HD grips, turn out tip w/ baffle, wrapped and painted headers, Custom diamond plate subframe, tank and tail section covered in Line X, Wrinkle Paint on entire front end, Skull LED tailight, ignition switch relocated under headers, Cut stock seat. probably other stuff I am forgetting too...

First two are the day I brought it home

Here's the warrior i did. More of a chop than a streetfighter but whatever. Check out more of it at my gallery on rswarrior

·
Function IS Form
19 Z900, 88 Kat11
17,434 Posts
Wicked fighter man, along the same styling as the bike I'm building. I like the diamond plate tail... I might do something like that (not diamond plate though).

Welcome the Custom Fighters!

·
GURU
8,827 Posts
cool bikes man. not bad for little investment either. That offset sprocket on the warrior motor worries me though, how far out is it? Id be affraid your output shaft seal would start leaking. Hows it run with that turbo on it? I really like the tank and tail on the warrior, did you make them?

welcome aboard

·
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
shift1313 said:
cool bikes man. not bad for little investment either. That offset sprocket on the warrior motor worries me though, how far out is it? Id be affraid your output shaft seal would start leaking. Hows it run with that turbo on it? I really like the tank and tail on the warrior, did you make them?

welcome aboard
Actually, I own a company called Left Hand Black Cycle that makes exhausts and sprockets specifically for road stars and warriors. The sprocket is offset I think about an inch which is fairly normal on these to accomodate anything larger than a 260 tire (that's a 300 on mine). I don't know anyone that has had any issues running offset sprockets on the warrior. And yes I hand made the tank, tail, rear drop seat part of the frame, swingarm, girder front end, seat pan, seat upholstery...basically the only thing I didn't do on it was rake the neck, I had someone else do that since the frame is aluminum.

As far as hows it run with the turbo? It had some issues that I am fixing right now. I am going from blow thru carb to draw thru carb but even at 6 psi and not running great it would lift the front tire an inch or two and thats on a 650+ pound bike with a 3" extended swingarm and a total length of about 8 feet.

·
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Big Pete said:
Does the guy with the GXXR know he got screwed on the deal!!!
I think he made out alright as well. He ended up selling the gsxr for 2500 (I had paid 1900 for ti a year earlier and he was only asking $2000 for the R6). How much would a completely thrashed R6 sell for with the only things still intact being the forks, frame, motor/trans, and rear swingarm/wheel.

·
Eff Tee Pee
29,722 Posts
cool shit man...welcome to the site. looks like you got some skilllz!!!

:metal:

·
All star !!!
6,714 Posts
I really like both bikes.

Nice job on the custom bar set up too....if you were to make something to sell to fighters, those would be it. ;)

·
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I really like both bikes.

Nice job on the custom bar set up too....if you were to make something to sell to fighters, those would be it. ;)
the bars did turn out great. I had made them for the chopper so they were a bit taller and at least a foot wider. I cut the risers back down shorter, moved the bars out a bit more for less pullbck and cut some off each end. They ended up fitting really well. It is honestly the most comfortable bike I've had thanks to those bars.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts