Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey what's up? I'm looking to get into the fighter scene. I've owned and ridden a few newer full fairing sportikes (03 600rr, 06 600rr, 05 gsxr 600 and 08 r6). I've been looking at picking up either a 95 zx7r or a 93 gsxr 1100. Both of them are about $500 (each). Neither of them are currently running and have the carbs off. Any suggestions on which is the better platform to build off of? Any of them more reliable than the other? thanks!!

·
Littering And...........
1,073 Posts
I don't know why, but I think the old oil boiler GSXRs and early WCs look the best naked, and with a new tail.

It may be hard to top some of the ones in this forum, but it's doable.

When it really comes down to it, it's all about what you want and what you're able to do. But the 1100 has been done a million times here, so it shouldn't be too hard to find some ideas. Which is nice. That way you're not going into it completely blind.

Also there's tons of info here and on other forums for the 1100. Shouldn't be that hard to get her going once ya bring it home. For $500 you might as well pick it up. Or I may have too.

·
Premium Member
20,726 Posts
Welcome to CF Streetrider! Have any pics of aforementioned bikes?? :D We LOVE the pics! ;)

·
Registered
4,653 Posts
For $500 each buy them both

1 - 13 of 13 Posts