Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Longtime rider
3,115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello people. I just wanted to drop a line in on the group. To say hello and tell you a little something about me. I am a long time rider I have been riding since I was 18 and I am now ( well lets just say I have been riding a long time). LOL But I have a few months back loss my last bike on a weekend trip to Deal's Gap. Let me say if you have not been go. Just do try and pass anyone on the Gap. It's never a good thing. My bike was a 2004 Suzuki Bandit 1200s. I have did some work to it only in the way it looked. I had not yet started on the eng. But I had plans of making it a streetfighter. It was not there by any means yet. But it did not look like a lot of other Bandits out there. When I was up at Deal's Gap a lot of other Bandit riders did not thing it was a Bandit. I like that. Guess that's why I love streetfighters so much it does not look like any other bike out there. One of a kind. I will put a few pics of my bike also.

But let me get some feed back from the group if I may. I have been looking for a new start as far as a bike.

To start I was looking at the Buell Lightning XB9SX. I love the look of the bike and the cool stuff abut the bike like the fuel tank is incorporated into the frame and the oil reservoir into the swing arm. But then I do want to do a extend swing arm at some point. So I don't know if the Buell is a good Idea.

Then there is the KAWASAKI Z1000> I also like the look of this bike. Well I like the look of the 06's not so much the 07's I think that may be a good start as a fighter.

The one I like best is the Suzuki B-King. That's is one wild looking bike. But dam do they want to sell the dam thing? $13,000 is one of the highest stranded bikes out there.

So lets hear what you all think?

Thanks again for letting me be a part of the group.

·
The Soft Serve Enigma
16,719 Posts
Welcome aboard man! Out of those three I'd be tossed up between the Z1000 and the B King. Personally, I love the way the B-King looks, but bang for the buck, I'd be picking up a Z1000 that's for sale on here. A fellow named Nudist. It's freakin' amazing. Best Z1000 I've ever seen. The B-King would kick ass for power and exclusivity that's for sure, but similar parts aside, I'm always leary of buying brand new bikes...recalls, quirks, aftermarket support, it's all relative...maybe it's just my excuse to not buy a new bike, since I really can't afford one!

Here's his listing
http://www.customfighters.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5831&highlight=z1000

·
Moto Madness Customs
3,444 Posts
I own the XB9City X and love it. From my experience though, you have to go test ride it. The Buells are a love hate thing. Some people love and admire the bike and some hate it because of the engine. I love the bike all the way around. Wold love the new 1125R evenutally though.

Putting an extended swingarm on a Buell will defeat the purpose and design of the bike. The bike is design with a short wheel base for corning and boy does it corner. LOL I would say the Z1000 is a better idea if your looking for an extended swingarm project.

·
Eff Tee Pee
29,640 Posts
WELCOME TO THE SITE!

THANKS FOR SIGNING UP, ENJOY THE SITE!

BKING is nice, but at that price...plus the REQUIRED mods (exhaust) thats mucho $$$$

z1000 is a cool bike....although if i wanted that, id start with a zx10.

buells are cool. very innovative. love the technology in them. i would love to get one (and put a japanese twin or mbe even an I4 in it)

·
All star !!!
6,714 Posts
Welcome to the site.

Honestly, for which bike to choose...think about each of them separately......pick the one that either gives you a chubby or butterflies, when thinking about riding it. :rock:

·
(cheers smiley goes here)
4,286 Posts
Welcome aboard !!

How did you loose the bandit ?? That would have been a GREAT start there !

·
Welcome to the CustomFighters.com Community AtlStreetfighter !

Look forward to seeing what you get as your chosen weapon :)

·
Longtime rider
3,115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Think you all again for the welcomes. I do look forward to riding again just not sure how soon it will be. I guess I should be thinking bout getting back on my feet 100% first.

I like each bike that I listed for one thing or the other. If I have to pick one I like best I would have to say the B-King is the one I like best. But I have a hard time paying $13,000 for that bike as well as the fact of a 1300 cc eng. Is much more then I need or want.

So has anyone ever seen or heard of the BENELLI TNT SPORT TRE 1130? Now that's a wild bike. But I don't know how much they are or if they sell in the U.S.A.

More then likely I will end up with a Z 1000. It's a great looking bike that haves a lot of things one can do to it with out taking away from the bike. Not that I don't like the Sport bike Streetfighters in fact I like the look of the bare frame of a Sport Bike. But I don't want to buy a bike to pull the plastics off of it to start on the Streetfighter.

Welcome aboard !!

How did you loose the bandit ?? That would have been a GREAT start there !

·
The Gear Head
803 Posts
Weolcome to the Madness!:knucks:
What did happen to your Bandit? It would have been a awesome base for a fighter :rock:
I agree with ADAM, the best fighters start with a "Sportbike" base. Like the Gixxers, CBR's R1 / R6's or ZX's. You get the performance package (frame/suspension/brakes/engine) right from the start.

·
Longtime rider
3,115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
The Bandit was loss on a tip up to Deal's Gap AKA " The Tail of the Dragon". I had a accident and I crosses lanes and hit a Goldwing head on. May the Bandit Rest In Peace.

Yes I have seen lots of fighter start out as Bandits. And it was my plan in the long run to make it a fighter. But that is all in the pass now. And the reason why I don't want to go back to the Bandit as great a bike it is. Is because I feel like it's a I have been there done that kind of think.

As far as the fact of starting with sportbike? Some people may not think the way I do but I'm more of looking for a bike that looks good. It's performance is not as important to me. I know there are many out there who likes the performance side of it. Its just I'm going more for look's. :nuts:

·
I shit awesomeness
16,625 Posts
yah ive herd of the benelli tnt`s. i wanted one but they are upwards of 13k as well, sick lookin bikes. their are a few places in the US that carry em. just go to the benelli website and search for a dealership.
oh yeah... welcome to the site

·
Longtime rider
3,115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I feel very welcome to the web site. Thank you all very much.

Hey I sit on a bike for the first time since the accident. Not bad if you ask me being not even 4 month's. But I was at work and I passed by a Triumph dealer and I stop to see the Speed Triple. Wow I like that bike. Great looking street fighter starter.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts