Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Do'er
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, my name is Brandon and am from Georgia. I've grown up on and around motorcycles for as long as I can remember. I'm 27 years old, ride trails on the dirt and resurrect those fallen and forgotten sport bikes that seem to make their way on to CL for the street. My last street bike was a Suzuki TL1000R and currently I have a '96 Bandit-S GSF600.

My interest here is to observe, learn and spread the knowledge I have where needed. For now, I'll drop a few pictures and say hey.

...and the bandit. So far, I've ditched that hideous sport fairing and repaired all of the issues from the previous owner (tires, carb cleaning/balancing, chain, pads, fluids, damaged fairings, etc...)

The plan is a simple rebuild. I flip bikes to fund the next bike project and so this one cannot go too far, the market won't bare much more than high $2k MAX. So I've commissioned some red factory style decals and plan to do the body work in a gloss black. I know, not a show stopper but an OEM *plus* styling - If can tell from the TLR, that's kind of my style. So far I've put about 1k miles on it and have really enjoyed it. Back in college I owned a GSF400 and a couple ZR550's - there is just something about a bike you can ride flat out and not combat the horsepower. So in some lights its fun to go back to a slower bike.

When I get a little further along I'll post some before/after build pictures.

·
King Ding-A-Ling
806 Posts
Welcome! You'll find a LOT of Bandit lovers on here! Rep's for pics, & intro! I owned a TL...they are fun bikes!

·
Do'er
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Welcome! You'll find a LOT of Bandit lovers on here! Rep's for pics, & intro! I owned a TL...they are fun bikes!
That's what I was hoping for. I ran across a blacked out chopped GSF600 the other day (wasn't on my bike though) and he mentioned the site. Appreciate the welcome!

Yeah I miss my Tiller sometimes. btw, love that signature ;)

·
King Ding-A-Ling
806 Posts
That's what I was hoping for. I ran across a blacked out chopped GSF600 the other day (wasn't on my bike though) and he mentioned the site. Appreciate the welcome!

Yeah I miss my Tiller sometimes. btw, love that signature ;)
I am currently working on a GSX750 right now, along with several other guys working on SV's & Zuki's so you'll find a wealth of info on here to assist you in your build.

& yes, I think the sig gets a lot of attention on here. LOL.

·
Do'er
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I am currently working on a GSX750 right now, along with several other guys working on SV's & Zuki's so you'll find a wealth of info on here to assist you in your build.

& yes, I think the sig gets a lot of attention on here. LOL.
Bitchin. I'll have to find your build a sift through it. Already checked out a couple on the bandit. Some good, some not so good, but all fun to read.

·
Registered
4,653 Posts
Welcome I swear I just saw that TLR for sale in my local area you aren't from SAV are you?

·
Premium Member
20,726 Posts
Welcome to CF Brandon! Nice looking Bandit you got there! Looking forward to your build thread! (You will make a build thread, so we can 'watch', right?) ;)

·
Do'er
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Cool bro...let me know if I can help with anything.
Will do. Thanks for the welcome!

Welcome I swear I just saw that TLR for sale in my local area you aren't from SAV are you?
I'm on TLPlanet. I sold the bike last year so it's possible he's trying to. It has a pretty unique custom trunk so that's one way to confirm. I make/sell them to all the Tiller guys.

Yo!

Welcome to CF Brandon! Nice looking Bandit you got there! Looking forward to your build thread! (You will make a build thread, so we can 'watch', right?) ;)
Of course! Check out my drift car build thread if you want to see some of my work.
http://zilvia.net/f/builds-builds-only/412649-revise-rebuild-i-suppose.html

·
Premium Member
20,726 Posts
Checked out your thread. I'm a drift fan myself. ;) Dang fine work Brandon! :thumbsup:

·
Do'er
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Well it's been a minute since I've been on here but I wanted to share how the Bandit came out.

She is actually up for sale too - so let me know if you know anyone (or yourself) is interested. She's cherry.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts