Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello all,
im 23 and new to the whole streetfighter deal. how i got into it......wrecked my 1992 katana 600, got it running agian, but butt naked:party-smiley: i guess thats how they all start lol. buddy of mine told me it looks ugly stock naked, why not turn it into a streetfighter. never heard of it so i went to google images and drooled at what you guys can do! any whooo.....i just got my wiring harness fixed and cleaned up a smidge, put a stage 1 jet kit and a used vance and hines exhaust and just now ordered some pod filters. a buddy of mine has this exact setup on his 93 katana 600 and i love it, but noe the problem i am having is the well known katana handling. i know it'll never be as good as a modern bike, but i got the thing for $100 and got it running for another $200.

so i guess the main point is how can i get a sportier feel from my bike? i dont currently have any fabrication skills, nore a huge amount of money to spend aimlessly. but im also not dumb when it come to stuff, im an entry level mechanic.

any advice will be helpful, and when its daytime i will take pics and post the ugliness lol. thanks all, and i apologize for the length of this post.

zac
tolleson, AZ

·
Registered
2,159 Posts
Welcome to the forum.

1 point of clarification. They don't "all" start wrecked.
some people do it cause they want to.
Thats what i did, my bike had been down once or twice but never wrecked. Fairing were perfectly fine. I just love the look and feel. Plus there is so much more you can do with em once its a fighter. Esp. since most everyone else thinks that you can only mod exhaust give the headlights halo's and 800 dollar rear sets and spiffy plastics and its custom. But welcome and good luck! Seems like you got it for a steal and there is tons of stuff you can do on the cheap and without all those fancy tools

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i know not everyone does it cause they wrecked it :oops:, i ment they all start out by taking the plastics off and working with it naked lol. but i cant seem to find anything about the suspension for an upgrade. anything you guys can point me to or any advice on the suspension? nothing too intrusive, its my daily driver lol.

also one more question, when i go to the coast guard im gonna do some color......powder coat or paint? which do you guys recomend for frame?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

here is what the bike looked like when i first got it.....then wrecked it. then i started to build it, but on my budget im only using 500 for the first round of work. i rebuilt the harness becuase one of the previous owners had a field day splicing, cutting, and hacking the harness up so i fixed it, but later im gonna go back and do a full rebuild.
i have a few build picks but ill post them when i get more done....thanks all

·
Premium Member
20,726 Posts
Welcome to CF & REPPED you for the intro & pics! Niiiiice bike! :D

1 - 6 of 6 Posts