Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Recent Transplant
2,664 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The UPS man is like santa, except he exists. And brings me stuff.

Got my outlaw bars and 600RR seat today, pretty stoked to get those bars mounted. Still don't know what clearance is going to be like, gotta try out some configurations and see what fits. I also ordered an extra top clamp to make my own LSL-style riser if I need to.

Pit Posse sent me the wrong bend unfortunately, I wanted the low bend, and they sent me a mid-to-high bend. Oh well, I will make them work. Hopefully I don't need longer throttle, clutch or choke cables. I'm planning on HEL SS brake lines for the front. Also, the bicycle bar-end mirrors dont fit, so I will have to cut and epoxy one of the pieces to make it fit. Shouldn't be too bad.

The seat fits perfectly on the tank, although a little higher than the stock seat. can't complain, Just needs subframe customization, which is on my list of future-projects. Much nicer than my regular seat though.

OK, question time:

How long of front brake lines should I order? The bars are farther back on the bike, and a little higher, but I won't have a good way to measure exactly until they are mounted, which will be next week. I'd like to order the lines now, so I have them when I am ready to mount.

woohoo, stuff's starting to come together on this thing! :knucks:
I made a windshield, still need to make mounting brackets. Need to wire up my LEDs for front blinkers and dashboard lights. Need to mount the tail end, and figure out what paint scheme I'm gonna use. I thought of a cool theme for my bike, but it'd be very difficult on a limited budget. can't wait!

/caffeine-fueled rambling

·
Registered
526 Posts
:confused:Santa isn't real? :(

·
GURU
445 Posts
Santa is too real.

Sounds like it is coming along. I would much rather mock up the controls on the bars and measure than guess for lines.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts