Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
The Hell You Say!!
2,956 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I admittedly half assed the paint job on my wheels and it shows. The paint is bubbling on both wheels and starting to come off. I am taking the tires off to replace them soon and might as well repaint them the right way this time. I'm thinking about maybe a graphite or smoke...really don't want to commit to black, but after one ride I realized that white is super high maintenance.

Here is the pic:

Thanks in advance for the help!!

Edit: Feel free to edit out the massive foot rests...thinking about chopping the factory set since I'm getting a more passenger friendly bike and the wife wont be riding this one.

·
Is my bike ok?
15,025 Posts
I dunno man, I dig the white rims. Mine are black and they dont look good on there. Impossible to keep clean,too.

On the peg mounts, I've saw a bike one time that was using the stock peg mounts but he opened up the windows from the back side all the way through. Flip them over and you'll see all the webbing back there. Leave that and just pretty much shave the face off the rest. It had been on the road for a few years so apparently it has held up fine. Looked pretty cool/modern, I thought.

·
Once You Go Italian...
210 Posts
Agreed, I think dark colors is a horrible idea.

I'm just saying, I saw a guy with pink wheels today and it was amazing

·
The Hell You Say!!
2,956 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks man!! I was thinking gold as well but I didn't think it would look good but it does. I have to wait to get some more funds to buy a front tire. The new rear I have is a Michelin pilot. Once I get I'm gonna paint it right.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
The Hell You Say!!
2,956 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Agreed, I think dark colors is a horrible idea.

I'm just saying, I saw a guy with pink wheels today and it was amazing

Not gonna go pink...I guess you could say that I'm not THAT comfortable with my manhood LMAO

·
Fast ZX-12R
17,522 Posts
Powdercoat is the way to go.

·
The Hell You Say!!
2,956 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
That's what I was thinking. Now if I can get a color I like. Still leaning towards gold but maybe a graphite or smoke color?

·
Registered
4,653 Posts
Have you thought about black? It might look nice I still think you should keep them white even though they're a bitch to keep clean

·
The Hell You Say!!
2,956 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I really like white but its just a PITA. Maybe if I get it powdercoated I will like it better since its a more durable finish...who knows. I just started looking at shops. Will probably call next week to get a quote. I prefer to have them strip them and blast them, but if its way too much I will do that part myself.

·
The Hell You Say!!
2,956 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I gotta buddy that coats stuff for me. Cheap. If we get these in the oven along with some other batches he'd probably them for $50 or less. That's with you stripping the bearings, of course. I know that would cost some shipping, just putting it out there as an option.
I will check out shipping...if I strip the bearings and tires is that all I would have to do? Or does the paint need to be stripped too?

·
Registered
269 Posts
Honestly, pick your favorite color.... It'll look good. Light colors look dirty quick, but it just means i won't neglect them (as much). I love my bright red wheels when clean. I can understand not doing white..... But it looks sooooo good.

·
The Hell You Say!!
2,956 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I'm starting to get the feeling that most are a fan of the white. I might wind up keeping the color but leaving the rim tape off. I am getting them powdered for sure though.

·
Is my bike ok?
15,025 Posts
Stripping the paint yourself would save you some money. I'm not sure exactly what he charges to do that, but he'll sand blast them and you'll have to clean the bearing shoulders out when you get them back, which isn't really a big deal.

I'm not 100%, so don't hold firm on this,but I think he charges $20 per rim to blast them.

And yes, I really dig the white. I fully intend to PC mine white when I get the chance.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.