Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone, i'm new here and thought i'd better say hello. I've got a few bikes and found this forum when looking for some rebuild info on the internet.
Here's a picture of the bike i'm working on at the moment, picture from last winter, XJR1200 with a FZR1000 RU front end. Thanks for having me.
WP_20210210_10_52_59_Pro_LI by Billy Bananahead, on Flickr

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Welcome in, how does it handle the USD front end?
Thanks. At first i thought it was ok and after a while thought no this is rubbish, running wide on bends, maybe i was getting used to the characteristics. I commented on the XJR forum that i thought the FJ1200 forks i'd used beforehand were better. Anyway, someone told me to stick with it so i wound up the damping a bit and it seemed to like it a lot better. So i came across another FZR1000 USD front end and thought i'd renovate the forks before fitting them and glad i did because a previous owner had put the wrong springs in and so i bought some Hagon progressive springs and some Nitro shocks and just waiting until i get back home before MOT and trying the new set up out. I'm fairly confident it will be much better now. Phew that was a bit long winded, lol. I've got a few bikes and ride them in rotation and so it all takes time for things to sink in.

·
Registered
72 Posts
You most probably know this but have you tryed different tyre pressure in, I've found on my different bikes the tyre pressure can make a big difference and I'm only saying 2-4 psi.
My gsx1100et (well it's got a b12 motor different running gear etc) I usually run it at 36psi front but if I let it go down to 34-32psi it handles like sh#t.

·
10,855 Posts
You most probably know this but have you tryed different tyre pressure in, I've found on my different bikes the tyre pressure can make a big difference and I'm only saying 2-4 psi.
My gsx1100et (well it's got a b12 motor different running gear etc) I usually run it at 36psi front but if I let it go down to 34-32psi it handles like sh#t.
firestorm's are like that

·
Eff Tee Pee
29,640 Posts
Welcome in!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Sorry for the late reply.
Yes, i know about tyre pressures. I always ride two up and before each ride set the pressures at 36F and 42R.
As i said, i adjusted the front suspension to a bit harder setting and it did make a difference.
I'll be able to play with it a bit more this week when i get back home.
Thanks for the tip though.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts