Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, I'm new here!
I have an 1994 ZX9R that I'm interested in converting into a Fighter. Would love some mods, tips and advice to get me started on this journey!

Thank you!

·
Registered
113 Posts
Welcome in,
this all depends on what you want/who it looks.
First thing to do, is to remove all the fairing, then remove the clocks and headlight. Stand back and see how it looks.
Then figure out how much you can spend and half that again lol.
Don't know how eBay is over there but I over here in the UK we can get a lot of the Japanese type stuff.
You will be needing to look for a set of clock (small), headlight, top yoke to convert to risers or if you any good at this stuff just get the risers and do it yourself. If not already a nice loud race can at the least.
The list can go on and on and no project is ever finished, because there will always something new you decide to do.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you for the reply. Yeah I understand what you mean. Currently waiting on a new clutch lever aswell as the gear shifter being repaired. The bike dropped and the fairing got a bit knocked up, took a step back and had this picture in my head of converting her into a fighter... haha. But thank you for the beginners advice!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Welcome in,
this all depends on what you want/who it looks.
First thing to do, is to remove all the fairing, then remove the clocks and headlight. Stand back and see how it looks.
Then figure out how much you can spend and half that again lol.
Don't know how eBay is over there but I over here in the UK we can get a lot of the Japanese type stuff.
You will be needing to look for a set of clock (small), headlight, top yoke to convert to risers or if you any good at this stuff just get the risers and do it yourself. If not already a nice loud race can at the least.
The list can go on and on and no project is ever finished, because there will always sowork timemething new you decide to do.
Thank you for given information!

·
Eff Tee Pee
29,691 Posts
strip it. step back, look at it. leave it like that for a few. take pictures. post them. then we'll discuss. also don't forget to google - zx9 streetfighter, streetfighter zx9, zx9 naked etc etc

·
Registered
3 Posts
Nice to meet you! I am a Japanese street fighter enthusiast.
Laws are strict in Japan, and intense customizing is difficult.
Also, many do not accept radical customs like German Street Fighter.
I customized my Ninja250R to be the classic earliest British street fighter.
Tire Wheel Cloud Sky Automotive tire

·
BLACK BELT
7,090 Posts
Nice to meet you! I am a Japanese street fighter enthusiast.
Laws are strict in Japan, and intense customizing is difficult.
Also, many do not accept radical customs like German Street Fighter.
I customized my Ninja250R to be the classic earliest British street fighter. View attachment 150559
Welcome Takumi.

Nice looking bikes!

Please start a thread, so we can discuss streetfighters and the motorcycling scene in Japan. I don't recall any Custom Fighters members from Japan, so it's great to have you here.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts